Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Factory Audio Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, this may sound bad to some, but I deeply miss my 2018 VW GTI Original Fender Audio system. It wasn't incredible, but it was good. The subwoofer added just the right amount of bass to make my brain feel like it was melting (pleasurable experience). And nope, I'm not an audiophile person.

That being said, I have a 2016 Model S with the basic audio package. I know I can change speakers and put in a sub like the NVX system. However I also gather that the display controls will not be functional for the subwoofer and such because it's not a factory system. So that leaves me with all the jazz of a dsp, and special dials and doohickys I know nothing about. I would love to try and keep things minimal in a sense, and am coming here to see if anyone has any advice aside from just "get the NVX system". Would trying to retrofit the hifi audio system that tesla offers be worth it? Or is it more hassle then imaginable?

Looking forward to all the comments and hopefully a cool solution to give me some more bass and maybe additional audio clarity. Oh, one last thing, I don't care about sound deadening material, I'll just turn the volume up louder :)

Thanks all!

to get bass signal, you need kicker LOC2.. and change all the door speakers, to 2-way speakers.. convert front/rear wiring to match
add 2 mini speakers in front dash and rear deck. add port 8" sub/amp.
i did full system converstion amps, sub for less $300 from amazon/ebay
my system hits hard with only one 8" port sub

Reactions: TK16688
to get bass signal, you need kicker LOC2.. and change all the door speakers, to 2-way speakers.. convert front/rear wiring to match
add 2 mini speakers in front dash and rear deck. add port 8" sub/amp.
i did full system converstion amps, sub for less $300 from amazon/ebay
my system hits hard with only one 8" port sub
Do you have a write up or anything? Model numbers of parts used. I wish I could hear someone’s system. $300 is really inexpensive

Reactions: byeLT4
Do you have a write up or anything? Model numbers of parts used. I wish I could hear someone’s system. $300 is really inexpensive

i listed all the parts name last post. really you need to get creative and search internet for size of speakers that you want to replace and get creative. aka Custom. for example you know side door speakers is 6.5" you buy and custom cut and fit over the stock spearker base. instead buying direct speakers replacement that cost $1k that doesn't sound nice.
Image 1.png

Image 4.jpg