Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Hawaii Meet-ups and Events

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MEET-UP LUNCH RESERVATION - Sunday, June 19th:

Kona Brewing Company @ 12:30pm

Let's park at the Taco Bell parking lot - entrance from Lunalilo Home Road

I reserved for a party of 10 but can probably add/subtract a few people if we need to. Please RSVP if you haven't already done so.
So to be clear we will still be meeting at the Makai covered parking garage @ 10am and then driving en'masse to the Kona Brewing Co.

I found out from my wife that she wants to do lunch with her brother and his family so I won't be able to go to lunch.
I'll be there ; )
No need to reserve a seat for Iceman, he'll hang out in air-conditioned comfort in the Tesla.
See you at Ala Moana makai covered parking at 10:00am.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow ...last count there were 12 cars showing up

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pictures from today's gathering.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a great weather day, made even better because I got to meet many of Tesla Hawaii family. Coming late to the party but enjoying every day in my Tesla!

Just read about the fact that the Tesla Model S can be used as a boat! Might just be click bait but it looks authentic on first glance and even has the video to prove it. I don't volunteer my car but I'd sure love to see a live demo. ;)

Tesla Model S can be used as a boat in a pinch, Elon Musk confirms

Reactions: nanimac
At Sunday's lunch, I spoke about the "Remote S" app, which is available for the iphone and can do more things than Tesla's app can do. One feature of Remote S is "Camp Model". When this mode is turned on, the app will send new air-conditioning commands to the Tesla every 30 minutes so that the Tesla's air-conditioning never shuts off. This feature can be very helpful if you spend the night in the car and use air-conditioning or heat for temperature control (also, no mosquitoes!). It is also helpful if you leave a dog in the car, but you should never trust an app to keep your dog from baking in the car. Always monitor.

At the lunch, I pointed out that the app didn't succeed in keeping the air-conditioning on during my test, but I now realize that I did something to interfere with the test: I increased the desired temperature by 1 degree using the Tesla app. Apparently, this change led to an air-conditioning shut-down before the normal 30 minutes had elapsed. By not messing with the temp control, I am now getting consistent non-stop air-conditioning from my S.

• Informative
Reactions: nanimac