Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Honda NSX PHEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds good to me! We'll see in a few months :biggrin:

Some clues from the powertrain of the Acura RLX sport-Hybrid: http://www.acura.com/DimensionsCapacities.aspx?model=RLX&modelYear=2014

The RLX is a large-ish sedan, but the hybrid powertrain is similar in setup to the NSX powertrain, but reversed in the axles. RLX sport Hybrid has 2 electric motors on the rear wheels, and a naturally-aspirated direct injection V6 engine plus another electric motor on the front wheels.

At 4300 lbs.+, and with a total system horsepower of 377, it gets an EPA rating of 28 City, 32 Highway, and 30 combined.

NSX will almost certainly be lighter, but the next-generation Turbo V6 may eat a lot of gasoline.

Last edited:
Honda (Acura) NSX Hybrid

New Honda NSX teaser pictures emerge, set for Detroit auto show | Evo

I am actually liking the prospects of this car while it will likely run about 25-30k more than an i8 it seems like a better implementation all around. I especially like the idea of dual front electric motors. And the rear v6 combined with a rear electric motor and this car should be quite impressive.

Plus it looks better than the i8 (my opinion... But I can't help it... I love the look)

I think it looks much better than the i8 as well. (It's style will probably age a bit more gracefully than the "look at how futuristic this car looks" styling of the i8).

I'd love to drive a new one -- the original was a lot of fun.

Whoops didn't realize there was actually a thread I looked... Guess I didn't look hard enough. Thanks mods!

One of the car clubs / cars and coffee I attend on the weekend there is a guy who drives the old NSX (there is sometimes a second one that also shows up) so I will be interested to ask him, when next I see him, what his thoughts are on the car. Still I can't help but think that this is what BMW was trying to do with the i8 and just didn't quite hit the mark.