TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 LED Headlight Issue

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Seagrave7, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Seagrave7

Seagrave7 Member

See below. Looks like my driver side LED head lamp is not fully lighting up in the corner closes to the center of the vehicle. Anyone else have this issue? I assume they will need to replace the headlight?

First pic, driver side headlight with issue.
    Second pic, passenger side headlight (much brighter and consistent color led)
    Third pic, front view

Attached Files:

2. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Member

Passenger side on my refreshed S.

3. Casavant

Casavant Member

Yep same here and it was replaced. Now replaced one buzzes all the time (another thread on that) . Going in to be replaced again in 2 weeks.

4. evbeliever

evbeliever Member

First models of refreshed grille apparently had issues with LED - both sides weren't working and was replaced on warranty.

New problem - low beam pointing too low but probably is a quick fix.

5. skyhix

skyhix Member

Tesla just replaced both of my headlights this past Monday. Both lights had some kind of short that made them partially light up when car is off. I have had my refreshed model s since October.