TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2016 Model S 70D - Black with 924 miles, pano roof and next gen seats for $77K

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Bob R1, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Bob R1

Bob R1 New Member

Brand new Model S 70 D. In excellent condition. I picked up the car on March 9 2016 (basically 1 month old). Drove it on one long distance trip (from NY to VA). No issues with the car. Includes All Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Grey Next Generation Seats, white Alcantara Headliner, Supercharger Enabled, Autopilot hardware. Does have LTE. Was $82,200 new.

Reason for selling after only 1 month: First of all, I love this car and the way it drives and I would like to keep it. However, I have come to the conclusion that the Model S is probably not the right car for my family at this stage in our lives. I have 2 small children (under 4), which made the one long trip we took in this car (NY to VA) challenging - having to stop for super charging with 2 screaming kids in the car wasn't an enjoyable experience. And then once I got to my destination not having a good place to charge the car (no super chargers near by). We take quite a few trips, and I don't think it would be practical for the next few years.

Attached Files:

2. Nismode

Nismode Member

What is the current mileage, and where in NY are you located?

3. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

#3 No Tailpipe, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    Bummer, sorry to hear the car of the future isn't a good fit for you and your family. In the very near future (but not soon enough for you) the number of superchargers is about to double making charging and quick "top off" stops a reality. Best of luck selling your model S. Should go quickly at your asking price.

4. Bob R1

Bob R1 New Member

924 miles on the car.
    I'm located in ct, within 1 hour of NYC.
    Also, I need to update the price to $77K. My apologies, but I was not clear on how sales tax worked when selling a used car.

5. Galve2000

Galve2000 Member

how does the tax work for a used car in CT?

are you now asking $72,000+tax = $77,000?

6. Bob R1

Bob R1 New Member

I am new to selling a used car so again, I apologize for the confusion. Yes, I am asking $77K for the car.
    I didn't realize the price I was posting was the all in price.

7. nitrochino

nitrochino Member

So you're asking to sell this for more than a brand new one?

8. valkeriefire

valkeriefire Member

#8 valkeriefire, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    A new one with his options clearly costs more although depending on your state the tax credit and sales tax could change things. (Montana for instance has no sales tax at all). If he was in my state (Nevada), there would be no sales tax on it since it is a private party sale, and the discount over retail would be worth it, assuming the options are what you wanted.

This forum has the worst sale thread etiquette. On the computer forums I use, it is considered rude to talk price publicly with a seller. The sellers price is their business, if you don't agree with it, PM them or better yet, don't buy.

9. nitrochino

nitrochino Member

Don't forget to factor in the tax credit. Tesla does that too in calculating the final cost. I'm not making things up.

10. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Not to pry, but you could always keep the car, and rent a gas car for long trips... Just suggesting :)

I LOVE my S, but have no kids...

taking a $10k hit on depreciation buys quite a few days of car rentals...

11. valkeriefire

valkeriefire Member

12. Bob R1

Bob R1 New Member

The $77K price is ~$1000 under what I paid for the car. I would be happy to get into specifics. I'm not aiming to make a profit, simply minimize my loss (as you would expect most sellers to do).

13. Config

Config Member

#13 Config, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    That's reasonable but you also need to consider the buyer will not get any Federal tax credit. Does your state give any tax credit for used EV purchasers? GLWS!