Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 70D - Black with 924 miles, pano roof and next gen seats for $77K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new Model S 70 D. In excellent condition. I picked up the car on March 9 2016 (basically 1 month old). Drove it on one long distance trip (from NY to VA). No issues with the car. Includes All Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Grey Next Generation Seats, white Alcantara Headliner, Supercharger Enabled, Autopilot hardware. Does have LTE. Was $82,200 new.

Reason for selling after only 1 month: First of all, I love this car and the way it drives and I would like to keep it. However, I have come to the conclusion that the Model S is probably not the right car for my family at this stage in our lives. I have 2 small children (under 4), which made the one long trip we took in this car (NY to VA) challenging - having to stop for super charging with 2 screaming kids in the car wasn't an enjoyable experience. And then once I got to my destination not having a good place to charge the car (no super chargers near by). We take quite a few trips, and I don't think it would be practical for the next few years.

Attachments

• 1Front.jpg
    1Front.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 2side.jpg
    2side.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 3side.jpg
    3side.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 185
  • 4rear.jpg
    4rear.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 5rear.jpg
    5rear.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 6side.jpg
    6side.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 8frontseats.jpg
    8frontseats.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 9backseat.jpg
    9backseat.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 10PanoGlassRoof.jpg
    10PanoGlassRoof.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 11configurationprice.jpg
    11configurationprice.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 195
Bummer, sorry to hear the car of the future isn't a good fit for you and your family. In the very near future (but not soon enough for you) the number of superchargers is about to double making charging and quick "top off" stops a reality. Best of luck selling your model S. Should go quickly at your asking price.

Last edited:
A new one with his options clearly costs more although depending on your state the tax credit and sales tax could change things. (Montana for instance has no sales tax at all). If he was in my state (Nevada), there would be no sales tax on it since it is a private party sale, and the discount over retail would be worth it, assuming the options are what you wanted.

This forum has the worst sale thread etiquette. On the computer forums I use, it is considered rude to talk price publicly with a seller. The sellers price is their business, if you don't agree with it, PM them or better yet, don't buy.

Last edited:
A new one with his options clearly costs more although depending on your state the tax credit and sales tax could change things. (Montana for instance has no sales tax at all). If he was in my state (Nevada), there would be no sales tax on it since it is a private party sale, and the discount over retail would be worth it, assuming the options are what you wanted.

This forum has the worst sale thread etiquette. On the computer forums I use, it is considered rude to talk price publicly with a seller. The sellers price is their business, if you don't agree with it, PM them or better yet, don't buy.

Don't forget to factor in the tax credit. Tesla does that too in calculating the final cost. I'm not making things up.

The $77K price is ~$1000 under what I paid for the car. I would be happy to get into specifics. I'm not aiming to make a profit, simply minimize my loss (as you would expect most sellers to do).
That's reasonable but you also need to consider the buyer will not get any Federal tax credit. Does your state give any tax credit for used EV purchasers? GLWS!

Last edited: