TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Model S 75 - AP1, <30k miles

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by RodgerDodger, Aug 20, 2018.

1. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

One day left on ebay auction.

Tesla Model S 75 | eBay

Reserve less than 60k

2016 MODEL S 75 <30k miles

Obsidian Black Metallic Paint

Refresh front fender

19" Slipstream Wheels

Activated Auto Pilot 1.0 Hardware/Features

All Glass Panoramic Roof/Sunroof

Premium Upgrades Package

Subzero Weather Package

Tan Next Gen leather seating

Black Alcantara Headliner

Dark Ash Wood Décor

Rear seat cupholders with USB inputs

*Supercharger Enabled- for life of vehicle*

*Four BRAND NEW Goodyear tires*

*Two key fobs with Tesla leather pouches*

One Owner

Always garaged

No swirl marks - only handwashed, occasional touchless

No smoking - ever

No eating in car (take care of my cars)

Never charged above 80% (maximizes battery life)

Fully up to date with annual service with Tesla.

2. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

BTW - This is a “one owner” vehicle (my car). It is not a generic, vanilla Tesla that can be seen in some auctions. That said, this S was taken care of - from every stitch to its outside skin!

3. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

4. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

5. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

3.5 hours to go for this excellent S75.

Excellent condition, as close to loaded as you’ll get (only missing upgraded sound and third row seating), and 4 brand new tires.

Reminder - can possibly grab this for less than 60k (reserve is below 60).

Tesla Model S 75 | eBay

6. MSDreamz

MSDreamz Member

Sadly your car is not worth what you are asking...GLWS

7. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

May I ask... how are you so sure of that?

8. cellphonechris

eBay bids topped out at what, $45K? I could be mistaken, but isn't this the 2nd time your reserve wasn't met?

Just a suggestion:

Have you tried getting an offer from Vroom? That can set your floor, and then you set your reserve at that price or try to get a few grand more in a private sale if you want.

9. MSDreamz

MSDreamz Member

listed twice and sold without reserve being met...is a sign in itself.

10. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

Sometimes more information is required before making conclusions.

11. MSDreamz

MSDreamz Member

you mean such as the reserve posted on this forum so you would have a better chance selling it?

12. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

Good guess, but no.

Trolling is unfortunate, but bound to happen from time-to-time. I would hope that most of the information and exchange on TMC would mostly have the tenor of spirit and enthusiasm for our great vehicles. That’s mostly what I have seen and experienced here, however, as this thread has developed, I can see that this is simply one of the former situations.

13. MSDreamz

MSDreamz Member

Says the guy who creates a post advertising his ebay auction...and bumps it when no one responds to his bait...will we see another listings with lower reserve price? or will we just see you bump your own posts? GL

• Disagree x 1
  14. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

I think people can see how you are thinking. Enough said. Just an honest seller over here.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  15. cellphonechris

Members here are very aware of the values. Don't mistake honest feedback for trolling. Pretty sure the consensus here is that your reserve is too high. Nothing personal - nobody accused you of selling a car that isn't in good condition, a scam, or anything like that. Just be aware that enthusiasts will call out aspirational pricing, as they tend to be more informed than casual shoppers.

16. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

Very aware of the market value and the Tesla clientele on TMC. That said, I will give you credit that you are aware that a 2016 S75, almost fully loaded, new tires, and ~30k miles isn’t valued at 45k. I think you are overlooking that this was an auction on eBay, and not a front-line ad on TMC. System is completely different - there are nuances that go on during and after an auction.

17. cellphonechris

I trust you know what you're doing. I know you're not letting it go for $45K, either. If so, one of us would be all over it. When you say the reserve is under $60K, many will interpret that to mean $59,999, lol. I've been on the hunt, but unwilling to go past the low 50's. As a result, I haven't even been looking at facelift cars. Regardless, GLWS!

18. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

I getcha and hope you can find what you want for your price-point. Will say I am looking at upper 50s, but not 59,999 lol.

KBB has average private party sale at over 65k, trade-in at 60k. I am pricing more at trade-in value - minus a bit - because 75D (even with higher mileage, and sometimes less features) are going for roughly 60-65k on TMC. Additionally, my KBB estimate is with a ‘good condition’ specifier even though it’s in excellent condition. Again, trying to adapt more market value to the KBB algorithm. Good luck in the search too! Cheers.

19. Sunshine State

#19 Sunshine State, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    It seems KBB factors in asking prices and not selling prices. You mention 75D pricing, is your a D, or RWD? I does make a big price difference as you eliminate a big chunk of buyers without AWD. There are plenty of small battery refresh S’s listed in the mid fifty’s now and selling for less and then ones listed higher and then sitting. Tesla has sold lower mile, refresh CPO S’s for below $50k and plenty in the low $50’s, they all carry the additional 4/50 warranty ($5k value). Almost everyone thinks their car is something special and worth more but that may not be the case.

• Informative x 1
  20. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Member

Not sure where you are getting your data on Tesla CPOs. CPO Hunter is the best way to track data. There are typically very few refresh 75s listed. Same on Teslas website. If you take a look at Hunter now, there are only two available. Avg price 60k. The only 75 has less features than my car - no leather seats, no premium package, no cold weather package and listed at 56k. Doubtful it has brand new tires.

As far as CPOs going for less than 50k, it would have to be a 60 and non refresh.

• Disagree x 1