TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Model S 75D, 17,179 Miles - Open a Private Conversation With Me If Interested. Thanks!

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by RamgeRover, Mar 20, 2018.

1. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

46E4FDB5-DA9B-49B9-989F-714CD79B76E6.jpeg 7A171556-1A16-4415-BF9C-E51E9FCD60D1.jpeg FE7071D1-7D63-49C1-84B1-C0CF2BA96722.jpeg C8DBCC59-C6C7-4AB2-9149-E91B4DF0D11F.jpeg C7361D6E-C2EF-4A1D-B762-BCAEB90AC123.png Excellent Condition 2016 Low-Mileage Tesla Model S 75D, Red, Gray Leather Next-Gen Seats, Range 249 Miles, All-Wheel Drive, Free Lifetime Transferable Supercharging.

Details

75D (upgraded from 60D)

All-Wheel Drive

Supercharger Enabled (free lifetime supercharging, transferable to new owner)

Integrated Center Console

Black Alcantara Headliner

19" Silver Slipstream Wheels

Options

Red Multi-Coat Paint

Matte Obeche Wood Décor

All Glass Panoramic Roof

Grey Next Generation Seats

Premium Upgrades Package

Autopilot Convenience Features

Smart Air Suspension

2. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Nice car! Love the combo of red and grey seats!

A new one configured with the same options (but AP2) runs 90k before the 10k rebates, so that is effectively 7k cheaper for a 2y/o car with AP1, 2y warranty less.. at least supercharging is transferable. :)

• Like x 2
  3. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Well-Known Member

I have seen a number of buyers of Teslas buying used because they do not, themselves, qualify for the tax rebates. Many small business owners structure their businesses so that they do not show lots of taxable income.

For them, the savings in costs, by purchasing used are considerable.

No need for everybody to structure their used purchase analysis to compare with getting the tax rebates.

• Like x 3
  4. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

Thank you, Uncle Paul.
    [

5. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

You make some good points. Thank you.

However, the really excellent gray leather Next Gen seats and (as you point out), the free supercharging are no longer available.

Tesla is still enhancing AP1, and I can tell you (but perhaps you know) that AP2 has a way to go before it works as well.

Also, the car was delivered in the summer of 2016, so it’s not quite two years old. It was custom built, not from inventory.

• Disagree x 1
  6. jgd108

jgd108 Member

Sounds good, all the best with a fast sale!

• Funny x 1
  7. Jsilva

Jsilva Member

Love the car, flexible on the price or no?

Would rather not waste both of our time if you are not.

Let me know!

8. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

Sure! Please feel free to make an offer. Thanks for your interest!

9. Zorg

Zorg Active Member

Or wait another 4 months til the federal rebate starts going down . That should increase used values.

• Like x 1
  10. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

Good point!

Speaking of prices, if anyone would like to make me an offer, please start a conversation with me. That is the way to communicate confidentially on this site.

Also, I will soon replace this page with an updated version with more info about my car.

Thanks to all for your interest!

• Love x 1
  11. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

New price: $71,000 and here’s the VIN: 5YJSA1E21GF154993.

Feel free to open a conversation. Image file attached from my account on Tesla.com.

Attached Files:

12. Toppatop55

Toppatop55 ~Life Is Good~

original price=$86K
    minus $10k for tax incentives=$76K
    minus two year use/depreciation guesstimate $15K
    the brings the price to about $61K

these are not exact of official numbers but what I use to evaluate a car before purchase. And also considering a brand new 2018 model equally optioned would cost about $75K after rebate.

I am willing to offer $62K. Pm me if your interested

• Like x 4
  13. umair239

umair239 Member

I think with the latest update AP2 is just as good if not better than AP1 and there are videos of people using it on roads with no markings at all and around construction areas and heavy snow and rain. Any thoughts?

• Like x 1
  14. umair239

umair239 Member

I think your assessment is fair.

15. RamgeRover

RamgeRover Member

Thank your for your interest. I will reply to your offer more fully shortly in a “conversation”. That’s the way to do the equivalent of PM on this Web site.

I do want to provide you with input on a few things publicly, for your benefit and for others reading this.

I upgraded the car to a 75D, which adds an additional $2K to your figure for its cost.

The car was built in August, 2016, so it’s 19 months old, not two years.

A new 75D, equivalently optioned, would cost $88K before incentives, and $78K after (using your $10K figure).

Also, keep in mind that the Federal credit of $7.5K is only available if you have a Federal income tax liability of at least $7.5K. For people (perhaps not you) who don’t have that much liability, a used Tesla in mint condition is an attractive alternative.

Finally, I calculated the actual depreciation. That and more in the “conversation”.

Thanks again!

16. umair239

umair239 Member

I hope you guys make a deal and Toppatop55 can finally have his/her Tesla. Hoping to score mine soon too. Good luck

17. Toppatop55

i see, but even with your explanation the value is still around $62K. also, altho the car was optioned up to 75KWH it is still badged as a 60D. not saying that it devalues. i am very interested still and we will continue negotiation in a private message.

• Like x 2
  18. Toppatop55

#18 Toppatop55, Mar 24, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    I have sent several PM's with no response, if your unaware how to use PM i can provide you with my email here as well.

19. CameronB

CameronB Member

Not to be pedantic, but just wanted to point out that when people talk about $10K in rebates, that’s not necessarily the case. Some states have no rebate program or tax credit program whatsoever. And for those that do, the amount varies. There are some states that have $5000 credits (Colorado, I believe) and I remember at least one that was only $500.

Yes, $2500 is the most common amount. But just saying that it’s not always the case. And in California (where I am) while there is a $2500 rebate, that is only available for households making less than $300k. So not everyone can take advantage of that rebate. Other states may also have various eligibility requirements that may effect people in different ways.

So while $10K may be a decent “average” figure, where people live and other circumstances will raise or lower that number.

20. Toppatop55

Yes that’s true that the rebate can vary depending on your state, but $10k is still a good average to use. And in this case, the seller and I live in states where the rebate would be about $10k. And if I or the seller made more than $300k I don’t believe either of us would be negotiating over a modified 60D apose to a P100D.

• Like x 3