Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S 75D SALVAGE TITLE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

I have a December 2016 build date Model S 75D. It's a Midnight Silver Metallic with Black Interior. Autopilot 2.0. METAL ROOF

Accident: It was damaged on the right side. https://www.copart.com/lot/45490088/

Miles: 73,983 (I swapped the battery at 71,000 miles from a 2018 Model S with 12,000 miles.)

Supercharging: Disabled. You can hit up Phil / Ingineerix and he can turn it back on.

Wheels: Grey Twin Turbines, 1 wheel has curb rash.

Seats: I upgraded the seats to Gen 3 in the front and the rear.

Other options:
Heated Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Trim
Enhanced Autopilot
Power Lift gate
Air Suspension

Taking offers if anyone is interested. Can include a warranty if the price is right and if you are within the NorCal area.

Attachments

• 2020-05-30 11.20.33.jpg
    2020-05-30 11.20.33.jpg
    753.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 2020-05-30 11.20.46.jpg
    2020-05-30 11.20.46.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 2020-05-30 11.20.55.jpg
    2020-05-30 11.20.55.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Funny
Reactions: cucubits
You can offer a price if you'd like. If the price is right, I'm looking to sell.

LOL. What, can't your read his mind on what price he wants?

Here's a quick and dirty guide: figure out what you think the car is worth, then subtract between 20% and 50% (depends on the source you look at) for the branded title. Keep in mind this car pretty much cannot be traded in, and you'll have a really hard time reselling it as well. So only buy if you're planing on keeping for a long time.

I'd also subtract more because it's already disabled supercharging. Unless you need a car for just around town, that's a major negative. Also, no guarantees you can get it "turned back on" - and no guarantee Tesla doesn't cut you off again if you did, or they come after you for using their services against their terms, etc. etc. etc.

Also OP - it'd be great if you'd set a price you'd like instead of playing these silly games. Sellers get mad when we talk about unrealistic values being asked, etc. Playing "guess what I'm thinking" is equally if not more unprofessional.

-Ryan

You can offer a price if you'd like. If the price is right, I'm looking to sell.
Im intersted and not afraid of a salvaged title, but also understand that the car will only serve as an in-town vehicle without supercharging, taking into account that a clear title 75D could be had for around 40k with less miles im willing to offer around 25k pending inspecting the car. Im also in NorCal. And ready to buy in cash

Battery is worth 16, so it'd have to be a little more than that.
I'm not here advertising to people who go crazy when they see the word salvage, don't like it, don't comment.
Well last time I checked when someone posts something for sale on TMC it states that there needs to be a price listed so..............no price listed then where do we know where to start since your obviously running this listing like eBay which this site is not but I will be the nice guy and provide you the link

Www.ebay.com

Im intersted and not afraid of a salvaged title, but also understand that the car will only serve as an in-town vehicle without supercharging, taking into account that a clear title 75D could be had for around 40k with less miles im willing to offer around 25k pending inspecting the car. Im also in NorCal. And ready to buy in cash
Salvage title does not necessarily mean in town only since you should still be able to charge at destination chargers and hopefully at any level 2 charger.

Salvage title does not necessarily mean in town only since you should still be able to charge at destination chargers and hopefully at any level 2 charger.
Destination charger is useless if you are planning any long distance travel, unless you are willing to wait 6 to 8 hours before you can continue, if you take into acount this is a 75kw battery with a max range when new of 259mi. That limits a travel to around 100 mi. So you can do a round trip without charging.

Destination charger is useless if you are planning any long distance travel, unless you are willing to wait 6 to 8 hours before you can continue, if you take into acount this is a 75kw battery with a max range when new of 259mi. That limits a travel to around 100 mi. So you can do a round trip without charging.
Not useless just a time consuming hassle and not convenient at all but you can still use them to charge.