Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S brake problem, HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have a 2016 model s thats an unsupported vehicle as its a damaged repaired vehicle so tesla garage will not look at it.
so the problem i have is as follow.

some times probably 50% of the time i key on the brake pedal when you touch is violently pulsing and bangs. i guess the brake assist is trying to work then decides not. i also have on dash info saying auto park assist disabled, cruise disabled. and a couple of others that i believe is all linked to the from radar sensor that has been replaced but not calibrated as i can't find out how to do it as tesla will not even look at it.

does anybody offer software to look at fault codes? somebody mentioned that you can tesla toolbox and pay per hour? we are based in the uk.

any help would be appreciated

Is it happening at low speed driving mostly?
If yes, it appears to be problem with ABS sensor.
You need to identify which sensor is at fault, otherwise you have to replace them one by one, starting from crashed side first.

It can also be damaged magnet ring for the ABS sensor (integrated into wheel bearing). Though start with ABS sensors.

IF you need to drive the vehicle immediately and you are ok with no ABS, disconnect one ABS sensor temporarily.
In case of emergency, hold P-button. It will apply emergency brake, even while driving.

You should look for a defect negative wirring in the front somewhere

As my 2015 TMS has been in and out of the shop since august ... last friday the found the faulty negative wirring

Some wire from alu frame to the metal bar in the front bumper section

I had all kinda issues, ghost faults of all kinds until the discovered this wire problem

Mine had also been front and rear damaged a year ago

SC changed many things thru the months .... but only the repair of the faulty negative wirring did solve the issue

Think your smell like this issue

And it is pretty often an issue here in Denmark ....I read on our forum