Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking about buying a used Model S built in 2016. However, I have read several reviews saying that the 2016-2017 LED headlights are not great... Can anyone comment on this?

The car has the Premium Upgrade Package and LP02 exterior lighting package. Would this car include the dynamic/cornering LEDs, or did that come later in 2017 models?

Thanks!

Picture of headlight below
72cwf6zh9pn31.png

FG02 Exterior Lighting Package
LP01 Premium Interior Lighting
ME02 Memory Seats
PA00 No Paint Armor
PI01 Premium Upgrades Package
PS01 Parcel Shelf
TP03 Power and Lighting Package
X001 Override: Power Liftgate
X007 Daytime running lights
X021 No spoiler or passive spoiler
X037 Powerfolding Mirrors

You will find better high-end options in some high-end cars. But when aimed properly, the standard Tesla LED headlights are pretty good. I appreciate the turning lights.

If you add fog lights when it's not foggy, you create a very bright area right in front of your car. Your eyes will adjust to this bright area, which reduce your ability to see further ahead, where the light is weaker. If it starts to rain, oncoming traffic will see the reflections of 4 lights, meaning they will see 8 lights shining towards them.

You will find better high-end options in some high-end cars. But when aimed properly, the standard Tesla LED headlights are pretty good. I appreciate the turning lights.

If you add fog lights when it's not foggy, you create a very bright area right in front of your car. Your eyes will adjust to this bright area, which reduce your ability to see further ahead, where the light is weaker. If it starts to rain, oncoming traffic will see the reflections of 4 lights, meaning they will see 8 lights shining towards them.

I am mostly wanting the light bars and cornering lights for the added look. Found the thread here on EBay part #s and install plus SC activation. Going to give it a whirl. This forum is great!

I have the factory LED headlights in my car, and frankly I think they're great. The output is pretty strong, and while they don't have a super sharp "cutoff line" like you get from projectors, they're not lacking in visibility in the city, freeway, or country roads.

They look better too. I wouldn't worry about it.

You should also have fog lights and the turn lights - my 2016.5 has them both.