Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 model S issues...any advice welcome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I'm new to Tesla, purchased used Tesla.com Model S 2016 2 days ago.
I'm noticing a few problems, not sure if these are included in warranty, or will resolve with a new software update?
  • The auto headlight hi-beams worked Monday, but not Tuesday.
  • The auto side mirror folding system worked Monday, but not Tuesday.
  • The backup camera worked Monday, but not Tuesday morning. Retested it 5 hours later and it worked.
Are these anomalies normal with this car or should I take it in?
No one seems to call me back and I'm noticing terrible customer service with Tesla in general.

Any advice? I have 7 day return policy so I only have 3 days left to figure this out.

Sounds like something went wrong on Tuesday.

have you tried resetting your Tesla? (hold down both scroll wheels until you see the T come up on the main screen - you can also reset the smaller unit by holding down both upper steering wheel buttons until you see the T come up on the smaller screen)

Hi there, I'm new to Tesla, purchased used Tesla.com Model S 2016 2 days ago.
I'm noticing a few problems, not sure if these are included in warranty, or will resolve with a new software update?
  • The auto headlight hi-beams worked Monday, but not Tuesday.
  • The auto side mirror folding system worked Monday, but not Tuesday.
  • The backup camera worked Monday, but not Tuesday morning. Retested it 5 hours later and it worked.
Are these anomalies normal with this car or should I take it in?
No one seems to call me back and I'm noticing terrible customer service with Tesla in general.

Any advice? I have 7 day return policy so I only have 3 days left to figure this out.

Is it possible you changed your user profile or changed to a different one? By user profile, I mean the profile associated with your name. where your name shows at the top of the center screen, if you press and hold it, you can select a different profile. The profile includes settings for preferences such as auto headlights and folding mirrors, so I am suspicious that you either altered your profile, or set one for the first time. Not sure if the backup camera is part of the profile, though.
But in any case, make sure you have created a user profile for yourself and check your settings.
Hope that is a help! And welcome to Tesla and the forum!