Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S purchased with FSD get free camera upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stumbled on this thread today. Just thought I'd add that my 2017 Model S (with MCU2 computer upgrade already completed) and FSD received the camera replacement invitation last week (around Sept 1, 2022). I have an appointment at a service center next week to install them.

I stumbled on this thread today. Just thought I'd add that my 2017 Model S (with MCU2 computer upgrade already completed) and FSD received the camera replacement invitation last week (around Sept 1, 2022). I have an appointment at a service center next week to install them.
Wow! I figured they gave up on camera replacements. At this rate, I wonder when the folks with MCU1 will get an invite...2024?

Yes please tell how you got the invite for the upgrade. I tried requesting it via service and was told I am eligible but have to wait to be invited.
Did you sign up for self driving Beta and have a 100 score or something? I heard that might be a pre-req.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I have FSD, bought it when I purchase the car in Sep 2017. I am not enrolled in BETA or have Safety Score Eligibility. (MCU1)
Wow. You don’t even have mcu2? I also have fsd purchased with the car back in 2016, but I have since upgraded to mcu2…. And I still have no invite. So you got your invite without any reach out on your part? They just contacted you automatically?