Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a contrary (and probably wrong) prediction - the cost of the S will go down slightly, even as the battery capacity goes up, as they will also announce that new batteries for the S will be produced at the Gigafactory.
This is kind of what I was thinking too. If they increased price of S with just $5000 it would already cost as the X which clearly is a more complex and better equipped car. How about if both S and X get a price increase or if S gets much more equipment and price increase. Makes sense, or?
Not sure if they could squeeze a bio-weapon air filter into the current Model S body though.

At first glance I prefer my "classic" nose cone. I did a screen shot of the new one with a picture of mine when I took delivery at a similar angle...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.02.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 9.02.11 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Reactions: GIdoc710
At first glance I prefer my "classic" nose cone. I did a screen shot of the new one with a picture of mine when I took delivery at a similar angle...

The good news is that it looks like it's just the bumper cover. Should be a relatively easy swap, and I bet you'd find a lot of "classic" owners willing to "upgrade."

Not me, though. I prefer the older look, too.

They won't do any new AP 2.0 hardware retrofits (if it involves extensive wiring/new mirrors, front mounted camera, new grill, etc.) - quote me.

Also, they told me no on the folding mirrors at two service centers. When did you get it done?

quote me. They won't do AP 2.0 HW retrofits because there is no AP 2.0 HW. lol People need to get their heads out of the sky. AP JUST came out and it's being tuned by Software. Right now Tesla has the best system in the business so there's no point to waste resources on new HW just yet. You need to amortize that cost over the life of the car.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
quote me. They won't do AP 2.0 HW retrofits because there is no AP 2.0 HW. lol People need to get their heads out of the sky. AP JUST came out and it's being tuned by Software. Right now Tesla has the best system in the business so there's no point to waste resources on new HW just yet. You need to amortize that cost over the life of the car.

AP 1.0 is already "legacy" internally. It's been old news for a while.