Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla website down this morning. Just came back and mention of Automatic liftgate under standard features is gone.
That means for $1500 you get a new front end, LED lights and a new interior trim and not much else.
Screenshot%202016-04-13%2010.15.56.png

The problem with running no plate around here (No. Va) is parking--there are some jurisdictions that will merrily hit you with a $45 parking ticket for no plate if you park on the street.

Looking at the refreshed car in detail, the only thing I do not like are the painted sills. The dark sills gave an illusion to the car being slimmer (especially in contrast to white) when viewed from a side profile, or the rear 3/4 angle view. The refreshed car looks lower (good), but also larger/fatter (not so good) with the painted sills.

Just a nit...

Are there any ways to mount the front license plate on the refreshed S that don't require drilling?
I see a lot of "I just go without a front plate even though it's the law" and "drill and use the front license plate bracket because it's the law" replies...but I'm asking if there are alternatives like Magnaplate or The Law that will work on the updated S (or X or 3).
ferris-bueller-carousel__2.25992.articlefull.1.jpg

However, looking at Tesla's site today, the HPWC is only $100 more ($750 vs $650). Since you need the HPWC to utilize the full 48 amps, seems like a no brainier to me to get the HPWC (presuming someone is getting a 2nd charger to begin with).
It's that presumption that isn't always warranted. In over a year of ownership I've not once felt like I needed a second UMC or HPWC. So it's $750 vs. $zero. Judging by comments I've seen in the past I'm by no means alone in this.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
I put my deposit & order down on Thursday. I selected the piano black. My DS emailed me today to say I would not get piano black but the new Dark Ash. Not sure I am happy about that. ):

That's odd. I confirmed my order last week and my car won't enter production until next month. My DS told me yesterday that I would be getting black piano decor, even though it's no longer available in the design studio. My DS told me I would have to pay a change fee and also the extra $1500 new book price (so $2000 total) if I wanted the new decor.