Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the good words! Also I'm hopping that there might be a chance that possible updates would be build in my car, even if they would be announced a few days later. I think that was the case with Autopilot hardware, heated mirrors, front console etc.

obviously i would shift the production again if possible. It's too late though..

Would you trade any of those for 2-3 weeks of driving the best car in the world?

You're asking the wrong person, because I believe there are no major changes in the next 2-3 weeks. And even if there are "changes" nobody can say which one(s). If you said I'd have to wait one month for Fog lights, I'd say probably not. But if you said heated steering wheel, probably.

But all anyone has today is 100% speculation based on rumors. If you or anyone else can backup those rumors with facts, then it's easy to make the decision of waiting or not.

The model X production ramp was slower than expected.... news is not Tesla's problem.

That been said the recent news of lower than expected delivery for Q1 2016 may increase the pressure to release new news to maintain healthy sales moving forward, so if really something is coming soon we should know in the next few weeks. I'm seriously considering ordering an X now to get in line (the car will fit most of my requirements) and revise if the refreshed S is getting better before I confirm.

They only sold 12k MS and change and the last couple hundred were pushed forward to increase the sales. That alone is the reason for a refresh, slowing sales. If they want to slow them some more that price increase without changes should do it

My 90D order (re)locked in on April 2, with delivery ETA late April (I got the VIN a couple of days ago), so the backlog on S's is getting fairly short now. Depending on your point of view, that's good news or bad news. I think if you ask almost any of the SC or store employees, they'll all say they hear the news the same time we do, normally via an Elon tweet or blog post, or something just appears in the design studio. So when they promise they know nothing of any changes coming up, that's totally true. Might not be accurate though!

My 90D order (re)locked in on April 2, with delivery ETA late April (I got the VIN a couple of days ago), so the backlog on S's is getting fairly short now. Depending on your point of view, that's good news or bad news. I think if you ask almost any of the SC or store employees, they'll all say they hear the news the same time we do, normally via an Elon tweet or blog post, or something just appears in the design studio. So when they promise they know nothing of any changes coming up, that's totally true. Might not be accurate though!
This makes me happy! I removed delayed delivery from my 90D this week, but they haven't yet updated MyTesla with the new estimated delivery date. I don't know how much longer I can drive LoL Rick's old manual Jetta!

Maybe I will get it in time to drive it to TeslaRoadTrip 2016, instead of sharing the ride in LoL Rick's Tesla!

Cancelled my P90D order today that I put in the last day of March. Turned around and placed it again. Figured with everything I am hearing, a few days might coincide with an announcement. Everyone at the store sad they expect it soon.

When I picked up my car from service this week, there was a bunch of model S's parked coming out of the factoy. I grabbed a picture just cause I was there and it was exciting just to be at the factory. I didn't think anything of it.

However, after I saw the "delivery delays", I opened the picture and zoomed in. It's grainy, but is that nose different than the nosecone equipped model S cars? It's covered with shipping tape, as is the bumper -- but it looks like all of them have the same careful cover on the front and rear bumpers. If it is a refresh, looks pretty minimal as the doors, trim, hood, lights don't look different.

It may be nothing....what do you guys think? This was from Tuesday afternoon...

IsThisTheModelSFacelift.png

I know they would. They have done it before with features, most recently with the center console. My DS told me that any cars ordered starting last week will be coming with the refresh front and additional features.
And could some of the additional features include new hardware for AP2? Remember when Elon made the announcement for AP and that all cars which had been manufactured a short time earlier had the new hardware. We can only hope.

Reactions: cdub