Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 171999
This photo has surfaced. Looks like it was taken in Europe. Real?

It got a "Can't tell" when I dropped it into Image Edited?

"Can't tell
There is nothing in the file metadata that indicates this file has been edited. Careful editors can fix the data and erase their tracks though, so this means you'll have to look at the photo and decide if it looks correct and not edited."

Sorry to hear that. I'd probably do the same thing.

Is there no chance at all that they won't transfer your deposit to your new order? I'd place the new order, put down the new deposit, then raise a stink about it, escalating your complaint as high as you can, to see if they back down. You have nothing to lose anyway.
Maybe. Dunno. I'm certainly one to 'write a stern letter' when needed, but the timing of this entire process was something of a gamble, I guess we all knew that.

I have a love/hate relationship with Tesla on the business side of things, but equally I'm an early owner, M3 reservation holder, and have done something to contribute to the ecosystem, albeit without their blessing (although the service centers continue to be my largest customers...). The main thing that irks me is the car miraculously made it from order lock-in to end of production line in 10 days. Something's not right there, I either inherited a cancelled order that matched my spec, or my original order was never really cancelled, just smoke and mirrors. I'm not one to give away money, so that hurts, but personally I'd have regrets if I went with the pre-facelift version, and from a business perspective it makes sense to have the latest version, lots of small things have changed over the past 3 years.

Yay. Having placed an order end March (it was my birthday after all), it was initially for beating the alleged price increase on 1st April.

I was a little peeved and was thinking of cancelling as it didn't happen.

Then I see all this flurry of activity. And Yes, I received the email too :) The old nose cone was the only thing I didn't like so prefer the newer design and happy to benefit from the new lights. I was hoping for vented / facelifted seats too, but understand that's not been announced (yet).

Regarding price, if I spec up the same car to the one I ordered 10 days ago, it's now GBP 5,100 more which is over USD 7,200 (!!) so it will be costly to cancel now and re-order later.

My confirmation / locking in will be this coming Friday 15th...

The price increase we've suffered her in the uk is painful indeed, seriously putting me off. I can afford this car but it's ridiculous this price increase. I'm just pissed and at the same time loving the new look.

although the service centers continue to be my largest customers

Right. I forgot you sell some great products. I've ordered from you in the past. It might be best not to bite the hand that feeds you. But some nibbles might be in order.

The main thing that irks me is the car miraculously made it from order lock-in to end of production line in 10 days. Something's not right there

That is really strange.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A couple of photos of a car with new nose but old headlights. The shot taken outdoors clearly shows it is an old car with new nose because you can see the old side sills as well.

since I never go on freeways I wouldn't really have used [auto-pilot] much
Auto-pilot is quite useful and usable on highways that aren't freeways.

So you're the answer to my question of "does anyone own a Tesla in Ithaca?". I work (remotely) for a company in Ithaca, so I was asking my colleagues there whether there were any Teslas around. Do you have any local "Tesla friends"?

Before you'd want a more local service center I might think you'd be advocating for a super-charger somewhere in western NY, which currently is rather an SC-desert. Unless you don't travel westward...

In other news, there's a new HPWC, now with power sharing feature for customers with multiple Teslas and new way to stow it:

Tesla — Wall Connector with 24' Cable

They must have JUST changed that. I checked the charger page this afternoon (about 3 hours ago) and the old HPWC was on there. Now I see two new ones and the old one is gone.

And, the new ones are cheaper!! :)

Reactions: Model S M.D.
What is your charging requirement that's not met by a "mere" 40A overnight charge? Just curious.

It isn't a requirement to have 47 amps of juice. As a matter of fact I don't even have my car just yet. Just want to be able to take full advantage of the standard equipment at home. I now see the only way is with the wall connector installed. This change was mainly done so that we can get more juice out of destination chargers. No complains at all! Iam excited about this refresh! Mine will start production in 2 weeks.