Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
models-dynamic-turning-lights.jpg

Does this mean something similar to what Audi is doing in recent models? Nice!

That's odd. I confirmed my order last week and my car won't enter production until next month. My DS told me yesterday that I would be getting black piano decor, even though it's no longer available in the design studio. My DS told me I would have to pay a change fee and also the extra $1500 new book price (so $2000 total) if I wanted the new decor.

Might have just run out of the product.

My DS emailed me today saying that I will not get the piano black I ordered-- instead, I'm stuck with Dark Ash. ):

Interesting. When I took delivery 5 weeks ago with piano black, I noticed a big scratch on the piano black portion next to the cupholders. The DS put a request into service to have it replaced. They are still waiting for the part. If they don't have any more, I wonder if they will be forced to update the entire interior to another finish..

Tesla website down this morning. Just came back and mention of Automatic liftgate under standard features is gone.
That means for $1500 you get a new front end, LED lights and a new interior trim and not much else.
Screenshot%202016-04-13%2010.15.56.png

Tesla website down this morning. Just came back and mention of Automatic liftgate under standard features is gone.
That means for $1500 you get a new front end, LED lights and a new interior trim and not much else
Don't forget the painted sills
Screenshot%202016-04-13%2010.15.56.png
don't forget the painted sills

I put my deposit & order down on Thursday. I selected the piano black. My DS emailed me today to say I would not get piano black but the new Dark Ash. Not sure I am happy about that. ):

Go to the thread on the X interior forum on dark ash. They have pics, it looks better than the image on the designer which makes it seem like the veins are bright like if it was a cheap imitation marble table. I am going to try to see the dark ash in person today.

Looking at the refreshed car in detail, the only thing I do not like are the painted sills. The dark sills gave an illusion to the car being slimmer (especially in contrast to white) when viewed from a side profile, or the rear 3/4 angle view. The refreshed car looks lower (good), but also larger/fatter (not so good) with the painted sills.

Agreed.

The lighter colors are impacted, where the darker colors are not.
I think the white looked better with dark sills for the reason you mentioned.

Weird thing is, the effect never occurred to me before, and I've been considering the darker (chunkier?) colors.

That's odd. I confirmed my order last week and my car won't enter production until next month. My DS told me yesterday that I would be getting black piano decor, even though it's no longer available in the design studio. My DS told me I would have to pay a change fee and also the extra $1500 new book price (so $2000 total) if I wanted the new decor.

When I saw the new decor I was seriously disappointed. I really don't like wood in a car, especially one that is supposed to be modern. The plane black looked nice, although did appear to be a finger print magnet. That is ultimately what made me order the carbon fibre one, and I'm so glad I did - rather than risk getting the new standard wood.