TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Model S Shot Down HV Battery Fault. ( Battery replace )

Discussion in 'Model S' started by BunnyPet, Jul 26, 2018.

1. BunnyPet

BunnyPet New Member

Hello, last week my 2016 model s 75 shut down and had to be towed to the dealership.
    The determined the HV battery needed to be replaced and so I received a remanufactured one.
    I'm concerned as it appears that the battery is older than than my current 2016 battery and so I'm wondering if this will cause any issues later on?
    If its remanufactured, I would assume it's in good condition, but should I be concerned that it is older?
    Where can I find out what year the battery is from? ( Replaced battery 1102xxx - 01 - A )

This is from TeslaRati -> (if something should ever go wrong and you’re given a replacement battery pack by the Tesla Service Center, make sure you do not receive a refurbished A pack or any pack labeled with a version older than your existing one.)

Thank you!

2. JonathanD

JonathanD Member

Apologies, I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm curious, what gave you the impression it was older than your current battery?

3. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Well-Known Member

They are only talking about an 85 kWh A pack. The A packs for the other sizes should be just fine.

• Helpful x 1
  4. alloverx

alloverx Member

Might be useful to compare 80%, 90%, 100% rated miles and charge rates/time with prior battery. If its at least the same plus Tesla guarantee it then you should be golden.

• Like x 1
  5. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

as @MP3Mike says and
    you have an outstanding 8 year warranty on the battery - I really wouldn't stress about it

6. Exiom

Exiom Member

They made revised 85 packs since 2017 and they are also called "A" packs but with a different model number.

7. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

And where were you driving that you got "shot down"???? ;)