Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X MCU Reboot issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case anyone out there with MCU reboot issue, hope this helps

My car is a AP1 2016 Model X 60D with 75D upgrade.

Over the past few months, the MCU started to reboot on its own occasionally. It got worse over time, from once in a while, once every few days, then few times a day. to every 10-15 mins. I couldn't stand it anymore, i decided to take it in to service.

1st attempt - dealer applied new software update, it worked for a few days and the same issue came back in a few weeks

2nd attempt - this time they kept the car for 1.5 weeks, they determined it was the bluetooth phonebook that was causing corruption in the system. suggested I do not sync phone book until further notice. ( i use an iphone x, no funny names in phone book) . They did a full reset on the MCU / car. no more reboots so far, I drove the car for about 2 hours today and no more reboots. it was rebooting every 10-15 mins before.
I also had the driver side window regulator replaced the 2nd time, due to excessive noise.

so if you happen to experience above issue, try resetting your car to factory settings and do not sync phone book via bluetooth. maybe it will save you a trip to service.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Not sure I buy this I have iPhone X have been synced for last year my mcu doesn’t reboot

Mine only started doing it this year, after a software update at some point.

Don't seem to be an isolated case. And yes, related to the bluetooth module. You should ask your SC to replace it.
Reboot loop

Mine is only Mcu reboot, the main cluster screen is fine. They said it’s a software issue and a fix is coming soon.

Mine only started doing it this year, after a software update at some point.

Mine is only Mcu reboot, the main cluster screen is fine. They said it’s a software issue and a fix is coming soon.

If this was after a software update, then it might be the same thing. Faulty update of the bluetooth module. And if only one screen reboots instead of both, this is because you are on MCU1 I'll guess.

Had the same problem, they blamed my phone too, however, I purposely didn’t sync my IPhone X since I learned of the bug before I bought the phone.

They found many error codes and thought it fixed the problem, it didn’t. Car is at SC today for an MCU replacement.