Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X P90D Ludicrous in Canada $95k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Near new condition
8000 miles
Black exterior
Black leather interior
6 seat layout
Autopilot
Ludicrous Upgrade
22 inch Black onyx wheels
Premium Upgrades package
Obeche wood matte accents
Ultra HiFi Audio

Car is in Canada. PM me if you would like more info

A NYC seller with a car in Canada? My first thought was scam... until I remember the pricing model awhile back. I don't remember exactly the dates, but there was a time in recent memory where the US dollar was worth about $1.30 Canadian but Tesla was pricing the cars at a rate of about $1.05. Basically Canadians were getting a 30% discount compared to Americans - for a short time. An astute buyer may have seen the opportunity to buy low and sell high, so to speak. But then I question why now? Tesla has raised their Canadian price for a long time now.

I am not the owner of this car. I do have a 2 tesla's for sale that are in my possession (white and red) but those are both sold pending final deposit. Basically a friend of mine is working for Tesla repossessing cars from people that didn't pay their lease and I am helping to find buyers for him.

The car is in Vancouver and is a Canadian car bought in Canada with Canadian registration.

The price is in 95k USD but it can be paid in either CAD or USD. Ideally this car should be sold to a Canadian and kept in Canada. Though if you want to import it that is up to you.

It's an amazing deal for a Model X with Ludicrous and very low miles. I can see how people would be skeptical but the buyer will have every opportunity to inspect the car before payment. The title is clean and will be coming straight from Tesla. Equivalent cars are going for much more.

PM me if you would like more details.

One is not at all allowed to import a US Tesla into Canada. I would suspect the other way round is true as well. It is not a Canadian regulation, it is at the manufacturer's discretion. Tesla is the ONLY manufacturer in North America that doesn't allow it, btw. I spoke to someone at RIV (the governing body in Canada that handles vehicle imports) to get an explanation, and he didn't really have one, but told me in no uncertain terms that I would not be allowed to import any Tesla other than a small range of VINs for the original Roadster.

So any potential American buyer should investigate carefully if import is possible.

$95k USD = $130k CAD and that's the price of a new 90D... so its like getting the P/L for free :) Good deal, but that's still a $#@# load of cash I don't have to spend to go as fast as I'll never go.

• Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
One is not at all allowed to import a US Tesla into Canada. I would suspect the other way round is true as well. It is not a Canadian regulation, it is at the manufacturer's discretion. Tesla is the ONLY manufacturer in North America that doesn't allow it, btw. I spoke to someone at RIV (the governing body in Canada that handles vehicle imports) to get an explanation, and he didn't really have one, but told me in no uncertain terms that I would not be allowed to import any Tesla other than a small range of VINs for the original Roadster.

So any potential American buyer should investigate carefully if import is possible.

$95k USD = $130k CAD and that's the price of a new 90D... so its like getting the P/L for free :) Good deal, but that's still a $#@# load of cash I don't have to spend to go as fast as I'll never go.

you can send a Canadian car to the US.

It is possible to import from Canada to the US. But you are right that the other way around is disallowed. There is also no duties to be paid since Tesla's are made in the US. Just a bunch of paperwork to deal with. I have imported another tesla recently so I know it's doable. And if there is an interested buyer I can deal with all the import paperwork and legwork for a fee.

The price difference between a 90D and P90D with Ludicrous is huge. Not really a fair comparison.

It is possible to import from Canada to the US.
Good. I was just cautioning in case, because of the wall I ran into trying to do it the other way round.

The price difference between a 90D and P90D with Ludicrous is huge. Not really a fair comparison.
I wasn't making a comparison. I said its like getting the P/L for free! I know that's huge! Just not for me. I initially assumed CAD since... well... its in Canada (and I didn't do the math to realize that would be a crazy deal)

Reactions: byeLT4
Actually looks like it has AP1

Attachments

• IMG_8487.JPG
    IMG_8487.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8488.JPG
    IMG_8488.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8489.JPG
    IMG_8489.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 87