Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 model x p90d range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re approaching this the wrong way then. A car is more often than not a depreciating asset and therefore not an investment.
You’re approaching this the wrong way then. A car is more often than not a depreciating asset and therefore not an investment.

True but tslas I consider as investment due to increasing price of fsd+ future robotaxi
Someday, right?

• Funny
Reactions: Dechidus and bhorn
Not on hardware currently available.

I will say though: The latest AP3 update is brilliant and if I may say so, Now has bested EAP/2.5 at its peak!
AP2 (2.0, not 2.5) as tested was a total basketcase, constantly trying to throw us off the highway where the lane expands for an exit. Try to rent one of these to be sure if it's something you can live with before you pull the trigger. (even if just temporarily, pending HW3 u/g)

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
let me "mad lib" your story

I recently purchased a 2016 model x p90d with ludicrous from tesla with 40K miles and wondering if my range is in line with where it should be...
On full charge the vehicle only shows between 217 - 221 miles and on max daily charge (I think that’s the 90%) the car shows about 198 miles.
Once driving the range drops quickly. By the time my trip counter goes to 100 miles, the car usually shows about 0 remaining miles. On average I have been seeing between 80 - 90 miles max range when starting from 90% charge. I tried to drive with the AC off, also played with the various drive modes but nothing seems to make a significant difference in the overall range.

my average Wh/mi is usually in the high 500s though and that makes the biggest impact on range. switching from 20" to 22" didn't really change that due to my already lead foot. it also does not help that my commute is 3 miles. the stop and go in between traffic lights don't allow enough distance for regen to effectively add range back. in contrast, the wife's commute in her X90D is around 90 mi/day around the city and she gets 300 Wh/mi and twice the range as I have.
I have recently purchased your same car and always sensed the range on the dash was not as advertised....I finally did a 'full tank' at normal city driving with my usual lead foot and only got literally 70 miles of range...after thinking something must be worng, I did my next 'tank'' using chill mode and range mode, and still only got 110 miles of range - can the numbers truly be that much off? The miles shown on the dash are truly meaningless - and more importantly, it doesnt seem realistic to ever do a serious road trip or I will be charging an inordinate amout of time...could there be something wrong with the battery 9or some cells) or would there be some error message screaming at me if this was the case?

I have recently purchased your same car and always sensed the range on the dash was not as advertised....I finally did a 'full tank' at normal city driving with my usual lead foot and only got literally 70 miles of range...after thinking something must be worng, I did my next 'tank'' using chill mode and range mode, and still only got 110 miles of range - can the numbers truly be that much off? The miles shown on the dash are truly meaningless - and more importantly, it doesnt seem realistic to ever do a serious road trip or I will be charging an inordinate amout of time...could there be something wrong with the battery 9or some cells) or would there be some error message screaming at me if this was the case?
I also have the same vehicle. I get 200 actual miles at 75mph on a flat interstate in warm weather driving in Ludacris. Average is usually in the 65 mph range due to slower roads getting to the interstate and Atlanta traffic. Sounds like something is wrong with your vehicle if you are only getting half of that. I get 2 miles per percentage repeatedly. Some of my drives are on the Teslafi leaderboard under csnop if you want to see them.

Reactions: ElectricIAC

The biggest factor is going to be your speed, then your foot. The mode doesn't matter. The miles displayed on the dash are notoriously inaccurate, try switching to percentage to get an idea what's going on.

I finally brought it in to Tesla and they did a full diagnostic on my batteries, and they said that my cars batteries are within normal specs for the same 2016 P90Ds throughout their fleet....I literally get 1 mile for each percent of battery in the city??....for my use its fine, but I never could go on any roadtrip - and the cost per 'fillup' must be huge....

I finally brought it in to Tesla and they did a full diagnostic on my batteries, and they said that my cars batteries are within normal specs for the same 2016 P90Ds throughout their fleet....I literally get 1 mile for each percent of battery in the city??....for my use its fine, but I never could go on any roadtrip - and the cost per 'fillup' must be huge....
That’s roughly ~700wh/mi if true. How?

Battery might be fine. Could be something else causing excessive energy consumption.

I was thinking about this a little more. How long are your city drives? The car consumes a lot of energy up front. If you are only making short trips I think you're going to see abnormally high energy consumption.f

Reactions: Rocky_H
One thing that will help (in Chicago cold) is to preheat the vehicle before you leave, assuming it is plugged in. A large portion of the energy consumed early on, is to bring the battery and cabin up to temperature. If your car is plugged in, turn on the climate an hour or so before you need to leave. It will make a huge difference.