TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Model X P90DL

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by ihmcguinness, Jul 1, 2018.

1. ihmcguinness

ihmcguinness Member

I purchased this Model X P90D with Ludicrous from Tesla last year. Full disclosure, the car has a Lemon title. However, the only issue for this (driver's side falcon door sensor - 35 days in service) was fully rectified before I bought it, and has never presented any problems during my ownership. I have the Lemon disclosure document from Tesla and Autocheck report available on request. It is also under the full new car warranty until 3/2020. It has lifetime free supercharging.

The car is in excellent condition both inside and out. It has been garaged exclusively in my care, and has never had children or pets inside. The pictures should speak for themselves - the car looks and feels essentially new. I am fanatical about maintenance and car care. Additionally, I recently mounted 4 new tires when the car last went in for service.

I am selling because I am ordering my Model 3 now that AWD is available. The car is located in Reno, NV, but I am willing to help arrange transport. My cell is 617 997 7559 if you have any questions.

Options:
    Standard Vehicle Price - $80,000
    Ludicrous Speed Upgrade - $10,000
    Performance 90KW Dual Motor - $35,500
    Midnight Silver Metallic Paint - $1000
    22" Onyx Black Wheels - $4,500
    Black Leather Seats - $2,500
    Seven Seat Interior - $4,000
    Obeche Wood Matte Décor - Included
    Black Alcantara Headliner - Included
    Red Brake Calipers - Included
    Autopilot Convenience Features - $2,500
    Supercharger Enabled - Included
    High Amperage Charger Upgrade - $1,500
    Smart Air Suspension - Included
    Premium Upgrades Package - $4500
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package - $2,500
    Active Spoiler - Included
    Accessory Hitch - $200

Original MSRP: $149,900
    Kelley Blue Book: $96,293 (not including Ludicrous Speed Upgrade)

Asking Price: $94k

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ihmcguinness

ihmcguinness Member

Window sticker and Autocheck report attached.

Attached Files:

3. dakine1

dakine1 Member

giving that up for a model 3? WOW

• Love x 1
  4. thomthom329

thomthom329 Member

As an active X buyer, I’m a little perplexed by the asking price. Weren’t you compensated for the lemon designation? how is yours only ‘slightly’ under the BB price?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Agreed. KBB doesn’t even have a lemon designation. If it did, I’m sure it would knock 25-40% off the value. Having tried to trade in a car with a branded title once (mistakenly so, was later fixed), they won’t even accept them as trade ins!

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

OP you have this listed under parts would move to the main selling section :eek: ....I also echo the comment “you are selling this for a 3:oops:?...beautiful car and good luck with sale !

7. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

No — it’s in the right place — with a branded title, it might only be useful for parts! Hahaha JK!

• Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  8. ihmcguinness

ihmcguinness Member

My mistake! Was working from an old bookmark...

Moved here:2016 Model X P90DL

Mods, please close this thread.

To address the question of the Lemon title and pricing, a Lemon title means effectively nothing. It is not at all the same as a Salvage/Rebuilt title, where the car has been wrecked and questionably rebuilt (some things just can't be made new again), and where you have to get a special inspection and paperwork to re-register it. The title and registration process works exactly like a "clean" title. All it means is that someone got fed up with bringing it in for the same issue multiple times. The issue (in my car's case) has been fixed, and the car is under full warranty for two more years, which should give plenty of peace-of-mind.

I've priced it this way because, looking at similar cars on Cars.com/Autotrader/this forum, it seems well priced given the (excellent) condition and very high spec (including Ludicrous). Note there is another Lemon-titled 2016 X on Cars.com advertised for more money.