Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X Used Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting ready to pick up my 2016 MX AP2 With mcu1 tomorrow. This is a 12/16 build. Any advice or checklist on what I should look for known issues? Getting very excited and can’t sleep! I’m hoping aside from any wear and tear stuff it checks out.

As someone doing the same thing soon, (Getting a 11/16) I've read and heard the best advice is not to be picky and ruin your delivery experience.

Its my understanding that Its extremely unlikely anything will be repaired once your delivery is scheduled unless the Service Center found something they want to fix before delivery. Find your major concerns, and if they are deal breakers you will have to walk away or get them fixed under warranty after delivery.

Note any major concerns, and schedule a maintenance via the app once you find everything you want/need fixed.

That said the short list I'm going to do from my findings on this site:
  • Ghosting Windshield - Part# is lower left hand side of the windshield.
    • 1034385-01-H or 1106012-00A has Ghosting Issue. I think Anything with -H or -A has issue
    • 1105964-00-B or 1106012-00B does not have this Issue or anything with -B
  • Seals between all Doors - Inspect the seals for all the doors, and make sure you don't see any premature paint wear, at locations the Seals may touch the car. All can be adjusted later.
  • Seals between Glass - if its gummy and smudging on the glass, you can make note, and maybe get it replaced under warranty.
  • Charge Port Door opens/closes with no problems.
  • Yellow border around the MCU unit.
Other things to consider during delivery, bearing in mind you generally can't test drive it first:
Tire Wear is acceptable for mileage on the car, and no tires look like they have any significant issues.
Car doesn't smell strange like dog/smoke (This is a big possible no-go situation for me)

so my 2c as someone about to do the same pending no virus outbreaks... oh wait.....