Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model X90D 12,400 miles Pristine, 7 seat, White, 22’s or 20’s delivered 2/17,FSC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
120DF985-626E-4C09-AA4C-F3484AA487CE.jpeg

Why is this not sold yet!? If it was a 100D with 6 seats it would be in my driveway already. haha
Yeah, I’ve had several offers but they are only matching the trade in price which is silly because I would have to pay the full sales tax on the new one. My current plan is to just trade it in. I thought I’d offer to someone who would appreciate a good deal but it seems like even though I like sharing Tesla information the effort responding to all the Facebook inquiries may be a waste of my time. FYI the 7 seat has the same 6 seats as the 6 but one additional seat that is able to be removed. I think I saw someone on Facebook suggesting to you to remove all 3 entirely. I’ve seen that and it looks like a limo in the rear. I personally like the 7 seat hence the reason I purchased it that way because it gives the car the maximum seating with the nicest seats. The 6 and 7 seaters like this have a full 5’ behind the 2nd row seats when they are powered foward. If it was a 100D Tesla in this condition Tesla would have offered me more and therefore I’d be asking more. The cars priced cheaper than this are nowhere near this condition or with as little miles, wear or tear. I watched CPO cars every day for the last 2.5 years and when they are priced less there are reasons, damages, wear, smells, miles, previous repairs, titanium color etc. Retailing mine is a wash for me at this point, it would only give me a little more time to decide on a new one.

Reactions: shrini23
Surprised your offers are matching trade in prices. But I guess that's where the market is going with these vehicles. I may be interested in an Ap2 X by year end. So please keep us posted on your sale results!

Good luck on sale.

Yeah, I’ve had several offers but they are only matching the trade in price which is silly because I would have to pay the full sales tax on the new one. My current plan is to just trade it in. I thought I’d offer to someone who would appreciate a good deal but it seems like even though I like sharing Tesla information the effort responding to all the Facebook inquiries may be a waste of my time. FYI the 7 seat has the same 6 seats as the 6 but one additional seat that is able to be removed. I think I saw someone on Facebook suggesting to you to remove all 3 entirely. I’ve seen that and it looks like a limo in the rear. I personally like the 7 seat hence the reason I purchased it that way because it gives the car the maximum seating with the nicest seats. The 6 and 7 seaters like this have a full 5’ behind the 2nd row seats when they are powered foward. If it was a 100D Tesla in this condition Tesla would have offered me more and therefore I’d be asking more. The cars priced cheaper than this are nowhere near this condition or with as little miles, wear or tear. I watched CPO cars every day for the last 2.5 years and when they are priced less there are reasons, damages, wear, smells, miles, previous repairs, titanium color etc. Retailing mine is a wash for me at this point, it would only give me a little more time to decide on a new one.

Surprised your offers are matching trade in prices. But I guess that's where the market is going with these vehicles. I may be interested in an Ap2 X by year end. So please keep us posted on your sale results!

Good luck on sale.
Thanks, I just think that people don’t understand how clean this car is and that my asking price is only the trade price plus the tax savings so I’m not taking less. My wife thinks I’m crazy for even getting rid of the car to replace it with a new one that will not be any cleaner and even more so for posting for the same price I can trade it. I changed my Facebook post for this car to asking $2k more so I can come down a little in price. There is over $8,000 in sales tax on a $115,000 car, trading mine in saves me roughly half of the tax, it’s not that hard to figure out. I only posted this 2 days ago but I may just call it quits because I’ve had reasonable offers but one silly offer of over $10k less than I’m getting from Tesla.

Sounds l
Thanks, I just think that people don’t understand how clean this car is and that my asking price is only the trade price plus the tax savings so I’m not taking less. My wife thinks I’m crazy for even getting rid of the car to replace it with a new one that will not be any cleaner and even more so for posting for the same price I can trade it. I changed my Facebook post for this car to asking $2k more so I can come down a little in price. There is over $8,000 in sales tax on a $115,000 car, trading mine in saves me roughly half of the tax, it’s not that hard to figure out. I only posted this 2 days ago but I may just call it quits because I’ve had reasonable offers but one silly offer of over $10k less than I’m getting from Tesla.
Sounds like the Tesla trade in offer is very fair for a AP1 car. It's nice of you to offer the same price to the community before trading in. Good luck with the new car.

Can you attach the Tesla offer? Love the x, really would like full self drive. Why are you buying a new one?
I’ll gladly show the Tesla offer to whoever buys the car but prefer it not posted online. I’m selling this X because I buy a new 6000 plus GVW vehicle every tax year in my business name to take the section 179 depreciation write-off. Last December ‘18 I bought a new ‘19 X5 M-sport, in February ‘17 I purchased this Model X so it’s time to buy another for 2019 taxes. I also purchased a new Performance S this year, unfortunately those don’t have a high enough GVW to qualify to write off so effectively for me the S’s are far more expensive but I still like Tesla S’s and bought another for my personal use. If you love self drive, I’m not sure which car company will build an actual full self driving car first, but I do think I will have replaced the next Tesla I buy before they are functionally available. If you are talking about the FSD driving features, AP1 cars perform just as well in actual driving as the newest version, IMO better but they are so close now it isn’t a deal breaker. My wife doesn’t want me to sell this car but tax wise it is beneficial to continue to replace each with new cars.

Last edited:
Hi I joined this forum because I have been looking for a P90D for quite some time. Yours is the nicest one I have seen and I think your price is very reasonable from what I have seen. I'm not sure if I am able to send a PM since I am very new but could you try to contact me please.

Thanks,
Mark

It really is a beautiful X and hard to believe it is 3 years old. You take amazing care of your vehicles.
Thank you:). Not that it makes much difference but it’s actually only 2.5 years old, still lots of warrant. It was purchased new in February 2017 and is always in my garage either at home or work when not driving. It was available because it was a fairly expensive X90D $113,450 ($30-$40k more expensive when new than X75D’s we looked at the time). More expensive cars don’t always sell right away and it was new inventory. We drove the 75’s but the range was an issue for us. As a side note we didn’t qualify for any of the $7500 tax credit either :( because I buy in my business name and depreciate. With Teslas tax credits going away, and Tesla adjusting the sales prices down to compensate, the cars are effectively are getting cheaper for me because I can’t use the credits.:)

Update, The potential buyer looked at car this afternoon and he had mistakenly thought it was a P90D and is now not sure about purchasing. If anyone is interested this is likely the cleanest X on the market with only 12,000 miles and warranties through Feb 2021 and 2025