TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Monterey Car Week Reception

Discussion in 'California' started by tenstringer009, Aug 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tenstringer009

Just got the invite to the Monterey Car Week event at the Seaside service center. Interestingly enough, the subject line says it's a brunch, but it'll be from 4-6pm...quite late for a brunch ;)

2. Joelc

Joelc Member

Not 100% sure I'll make it, but I rsvp'd

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Those guys and gals down there are pretty nice. Stopped by for a charge last month and they were all very friendly and social.

• Like x 1
  4. TaoJones

TaoJones Beyond Driven

Will probably drive down for that one. Can't beat the scenery.

5. Nosken

Nosken Member

Looking forward to Car Week and the "Brunch" I wonder if Tesla will have another display set up like last year at Pebble Beach?

6. tenstringer009

The Concours Event Map does show the Tesla tent being on Peter Hay Hill again.

Also, in case you're curious, Overfinch is a Range Rover customization company, and Grundy manages car insurance (I had to look those up since I didn't know who they were).

7. Nosken

Nosken Member

Thanks for the map!

8. tenstringer009

FYI--I swung by Peter Hay Hill during my run today. Tesla has everything set up and ready to go; a Model X, Model S, and a skateboard (I'm assuming a Model S one) in the tent, a Model X on display outside, and then a bunch of Teslas ready to go out for test drives (good mix of Xs and Ss).

**Note: If you're going to take one of them out for a test drive, please keep your speed reasonable (a.k.a. not ludicrous) going around blind curves; a blue Model X came around a corner a bit too fast for my liking this afternoon.

9. Nosken

Nosken Member

I went by yesterday also. It was fairly busy for so early in the weekend.
    There was an alternative energy car show on Cannery Row that had a Signature Model X serial number 1