Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 MS 75 value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posted in general forum as well.

I was just approached by a friend to buy my MS. Only considering it to upgrade or move to MX.

No idea of value.
2016 May build. Facelift.
MS 75
AP1 only option. Everything else is stock.
Body and interior 9.5/10.
22K miles.
I paid 62K 7 months ago from Tesla CPO.
Any thoughts or guidance are appreciated.

A few approaches to think about value:

$62,000 depreciated at 1.5% compounded per month for 7 months is $55,776.

Brand new Model S with AP2 and 0 miles is 69,500 + 5,000 (Enhanced AP) - 7,500 tax deduction = $67,000. One, the buyer would have to wait while Tesla builds the car. Two, what kind of discount should be offered because your car has 22K miles and AP1 instead of AP2?

Prices on currently available CPOs. However, there isn't much available with AP1.

Reactions: Cooksomerice
A few approaches to think about value:

$62,000 depreciated at 1.5% compounded per month for 7 months is $55,776.

Brand new Model S with AP2 and 0 miles is 69,500 + 5,000 (Enhanced AP) - 7,500 tax deduction = $67,000. One, the buyer would have to wait while Tesla builds the car. Two, what kind of discount should be offered because your car has 22K miles and AP1 instead of AP2?

Prices on currently available CPOs. There isn't much available with AP1.
Other differences with a new car are faster acceleration, 7 months longer warranty, a glass roof, slightly higher taxes, and potentially lower financing costs.

Posted in general forum as well.

I was just approached by a friend to buy my MS. Only considering it to upgrade or move to MX.

No idea of value.
2016 May build. Facelift.
MS 75
AP1 only option. Everything else is stock.
Body and interior 9.5/10.
22K miles.
I paid 62K 7 months ago from Tesla CPO.
Any thoughts or guidance are appreciated.

Hi Cooksomerice,

I think the question is, how much are you thinking of selling it to your friend? I don't know how long you've kept the car for but in my case, I kept my P85D for about 4 months before getting the MS 100D and sold it for $6,500 less. Tesla doesn't currently have anything to compare but my advice to you is that, of your friend offer you anything close to $57,000- $58,000 I think you should seriously consider it. I just got a second MS, but a 75D from this site with 12,000 miles and $6K worth of upgrades for 66K. Hope I was able to help and PM me if you have any more Questions for me.

KBB an NADA don't do Teslas well because Tesla changes are way too frequent... For all other cars, one model year means you have the same things, but Tesla changes things on the fly... Market prices change by the month sometimes.

Honestly take it to a traditional dealership and see what they are willing to offer. Their models may be too slow to take into account certain changes at this point and you may end up getting as good as a deal trading in vs. private sales.