Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 MS Air Suspension - Rear too High

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks,

I have a 2016 Model S with Air suspension. Over the past week or so, I have noticed that the rear end of the car is fairly consistently about 1.5 inches higher than it should be, giving the car a funky looking stance.

I do notice that sometimes it sits level (where it should), but now it seems to favor the higher position more often than not. I can't recall any incidents over the last few weeks that could have started this, other than a standard firmware update.

I took the sensors off to look at the mounts, and they don't appear to be bent. I was using lowering links, so I replaced them with the factory links and the symptoms are unchanged - the rear is still 1.5" higher than it should be (even with factory links).

I have service scheduled for next week, and can ask them to just re-adjust the ride height parameters, but my concern is - I plan to install Unplugged Lowering Brackets in the next couple weeks. If this is some weird software glitch that corrects itself, or a bent bracket that I'm going to replace, then by re-setting the ride height, the car might drop DOWN 1.5 inches below where it's supposed to be with the Unplugged brackets.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any ideas?