Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 MS headlights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please tell me the difference in these lights?

my passenger side LED outline went out, I ordered a replacement, however the headlights look a little different.

I’m trying to figure out which headlight is the better/upgraded light. So that way I can either Exchange the one I got, or order a matching light for the driver.

thanks for the help in advance

serial # of light on my car 1065042 00 B
Part I ordered 1053571 00 A

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 70
probably not the right forum for this question. From a quick google search, the one you ordered appears to have leveling (guessing it's paired with the air suspension) and the existing one does not. I don't know what other possible electronics are involved for self-leveling but you are probably better off replacing it with the right part number.

damn LED lights. my 2018 had one replaced under warranty, but this is a pretty annoying issue that seems to plague alot of refreshed headlights. I read somewhere that if they simply made the LED brightness than 80-90% it wouldn't have this issue and would be just as bright.

with that being said, I bet I will have to go down this path someday, so its good to note for the future that they have different versions

Yea unfortunately mine is out of warranty... I did some more digging ... I’m not sure how accurate this is, but it seems to makes sense. The 1053571 00 A is a n HID light were as the 1065042 00 B is a halogen light.