Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking of upgrading to a MS100D. Looking to price mine reasonably. Any suggestions?

Monroney Attached
I added EAP at time of purchase.
Lifetime Supercharging attached to the car since it was built and delivered in 2016

7,780 Miles

2016 Model S 75D
19" Slipstream Wheels
Solid Black Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Multi-Pattern Black Seats
Black Alcantara Headliner
Dark Ash Wood Decor
Standard Suspension
Supercharger Enabled
Black Brake Calipers
Subzero Weather Package
Enhanced Autopilot

Attachments

• 10141702.PDF
    627.5 KB · Views: 154
Brand new, you're looking at $70,450 after PA & fed tax credits and referral (without Subzero). New cars have faster 0-60, some aspects of the old premium package, air suspension, and AP 2.5. Factor in around 8k miles together with the other improvements in a new car, and personally, I'd say it's probably worth $60k.

You'll probably get more than that, though... I'll guess $65k. I keep scratching my head at some of the prices I see used Teslas going for in relation to the price of a new car after tax credits with additional features. Great situation for the seller, though!

Reactions: b team
Brand new, you're looking at $70,450 after PA & fed tax credits and referral (without Subzero). New cars have faster 0-60, some aspects of the old premium package, air suspension, and AP 2.5. Factor in around 8k miles together with the other improvements in a new car, and personally, I'd say it's probably worth $60k.

You'll probably get more than that, though... I'll guess $65k. I keep scratching my head at some of the prices I see used Teslas going for in relation to the price of a new car after tax credits with additional features. Great situation for the seller, though!

Not that it's a big difference, but the PA rebate is essentially gone. It now only applies to cars less than $50k and there is an income restriction as well.

That's

That's actually a really good offer then. Everything I've seen has Tesla offering very little. The sales tax saved trading in vs private sale would be at least 3500 in PA, so you're close what you'd see private party.

Yeah, but the other part of the equation is the 100D I want is $109k and I can't get a second $7,500 tax credit this year. Will probably wait till next year.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a large swing in resale value between now and next year. There'll be a lot more AP cars on the used market, availability (or not) of the model 3, along with more attention to the brand, potential for new models, additional AP2.5 capability, tax credit Expiry, and a slew of other things. I wouldn't even want to venture a guess if they'll be worth more or less, but it's hard to imagine something won't change.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a large swing in resale value between now and next year. There'll be a lot more AP cars on the used market, availability (or not) of the model 3, along with more attention to the brand, potential for new models, additional AP2.5 capability, tax credit Expiry, and a slew of other things. I wouldn't even want to venture a guess if they'll be worth more or less, but it's hard to imagine something won't change.

There may be more AP1.0 cars, but I doubt there will be too many AP2.0 cars available for a while. They are only 1 year old max right now. I also think the used Tesla prices will plateau or even go up a little when the $7,500 expires. That is usually a big factor when deciding between new and used. I don't know how M3 availability will factor in, but it doesn't look like they will be easily available for non-reservation holders in 2018. I might just hold out for a Long Range M3 myself. It would probably be close to an even swap instead of having to trade mine + $50k for a 100D.

dont you have to return the credit if you dont keep the car for a certain amount of time

I haven't heard anything to that effect. Supposedly you aren't allowed to get the credit if you bought specifically to resell, which I did not. I've owned mine for 9 months now, so that's a pretty significant amount of time (for me anyways, who trades every year or two). The whole "not buy to resell" statement is pretty vague in the first place. Who can prove anybody's intent to sell or keep? You've probably read the thread about the guy who sold after one month because of his disappointment with initial quality and SC workmanship. Anyhow, it also turns out Tesla was mistaken about not being able to claim the tax credit a second time as well. Most here are saying as long as you have the initial tax burden to cover it, you could claim as many as you want. At this point, I'm probably going to keep my MS 75D, add a vinyl wrap to get the color I want and possibly upgrade the classic seats to next-gen and keep it for another year of two and see what Tesla comes out with next rather than take such a large hit on the value.

• Informative
Reactions: b team