TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 MX P90DL, AP1 - Buy or Not?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by arags01, May 30, 2018.

1. arags01

arags01 Member

Hi Folks,

I'm a happy 2017 MX 75D AP2 owner but recently came across a lead for a fully loaded 2016 MX P90D (AP1 and Ludicrous) w/ 25K miles from a mutual connection for 84K. I may be crazy to even consider but would love to hear your thoughts. I know AP2 is the latest/greatest but frankly I only use AP for about 10% of my trips. I know there have been issues with 90D battery in the past but he claims about 244 miles on a full charge (and on version D).

Appreciate your advice!

AR

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

compare your insurance prices so that you have a total cost difference to use.. thats my only reservation in getting a P

3. commasign

commasign Tesla Superfan

If the P90D is in excellent condition (and is configured the way you want in terms of seating, color, etc.,), seems like a good deal. Depending on build date, it should come with the active spoiler and ventilated seats.

4. arags01

arags01 Member

You have no regrets going to an AP1 from an AP2 Car? My wife refuses to use AP and loves driving her Tesla while I am curious but not an avid user.

5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

AP1 is pretty solid ...price seems decent ..there are some door latch fixes that can be done at service center as well as new falcon wing door buttons as long as body panel alignment looks decent I would go for it