Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Next Gen seats vs. 2017 Model X seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y'all!

I currently own a 2016 Model S with the next generation seats.

We're looking at trading our 2016 Model S with the next generation seats on a Model X and there's one that's used that I've got my eye on. Tesla let us spend a day with a new 2020 Model X and it convinced us that the Model X works better for our family.

My wife's biggest complaint and main reason she doesn't like riding in the Model S is because of how firm the seats are.

Can anyone in here tell me if the seats in the 2017 Model X are softer in comparison to the Model S?

We're not opposed to buying a new Model X, but would prefer a used one to keep the cost down and without being able to easily go see the used inventory to compare, I was hoping someone in the forum could answer this for us.

Hey y'all!

We're looking at trading our 2016 Model S with the next generation seats on a Model X and there's one that's used that I've got my eye on. Tesla let us spend a day with a new 2020 Model X and it convinced us that the Model X works better for our family.

My wife's biggest complaint and main reason she doesn't like riding in the Model S is because of how firm the seats are.

Can anyone in here tell me if the seats in the 2017 Model X are softer in comparison to the Model S?

We're not opposed to buying a new Model X, but would prefer a used one to keep the cost down and without being able to easily go see the used inventory to compare, I was hoping someone in the forum could answer this for us.
Not sure if this helps or not, but my 4/17 build Model X has the most comfortable seats I've ever owned. That's a lot of vehicles. Much more comfortable than the Model 3 I traded in. Although I can't say for sure, I think the seats in the newer Model X has changed slightly.

Hey y'all!

I haven’t noticed much of a difference between the next gen seats in my 2016 S and the seats in my 2017 MX...

After extended drives, both makes my butt hurt a little.

Since the Tesla used car buying experience is so challenging and you can’t actually sit in the car you hope to buy, we went to non Tesla dealers that had used Model Xs of various years. We found the ventilated 2016 seats less comfortable than The solid 2017+ seats. We ended up with an early 2017 and are quite happy with the comfort of the seats. We did end up buying through Tesla because the added warranty seemed valuable.

Seats are probably my primary gripe about the X (mine is 02/2018). They are just too small and squeeze my butt quite annoyingly. I'm not overweight, I'm a runner, and that is probably the issue (92kg/183cm). Wife is very happy though (54kg/170cm).