Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 p100D black leather seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a set of 2016 p100d black leather premium seats that I removed from my car to change over to my next gen seats as I prefer them better. seats are in near mint condition and come complete with wiring ,modules etc. will post pics in a few minutes however they are not perfect pics as I didn't have time to take the seats out for better pics but as stated earlier they are in nearly perfect shaped asking $1900 I'm located in SF CA but can meet anywhere in the city or Bay Area etc.
Call 407 8zero,zero 5524

Any idea if these are plug-and-play with the older multi-pattern seats?
Not sure. I will try and get some better pics of the plugs. But here are the pics
20180220_164345.jpg
20180220_164605.jpg
20180220_164332.jpg
20180220_164332.jpg
20180220_164644.jpg
20180220_164358.jpg
20180220_164644.jpg
20180220_164841.jpg
20180220_164748.jpg
20180220_164740.jpg

Will these plug and play in a late 2014 / early 2015 with AP1

Pictures?
Not sure but these have the adjustable headrest so that is one thing that is different however the headrest is adjusted via a combination of the center touchscreen and the switch for the lumbar support which I believe hasn't changed So might be possible with a software tweak. But I'm not 100% positive and cannot guarantee that so you'll have to do your own research on that issue.
Thanks

Any idea if these are plug-and-play with the older multi-pattern seats (for a late 2016 build)?
I just noticed that I misread your post and that you have a late 2016.
If you have the adjustable headrests they should be the same and if you didn't order the premium seats option not sure when they got rid of the option and made them all standard. I think it should work but maybe check with service center or check around on forums etc.

I just noticed that I misread your post and that you have a late 2016.
If you have the adjustable headrests they should be the same and if you didn't order the premium seats option not sure when they got rid of the option and made them all standard. I think it should work but maybe check with service center or check around on forums etc.
The S75 didn't start receiving the Premium Seats until 2017, so I have the older wider seats. I have considered swapping out to Premium or NextGen, but I'm not sure how involved the swap would be.

Not sure but these have the adjustable headrest so that is one thing that is different however the headrest is adjusted via a combination of the center touchscreen and the switch for the lumbar support which I believe hasn't changed So might be possible with a software tweak. But I'm not 100% positive and cannot guarantee that so you'll have to do your own research on that issue.
Thanks
Upon further research I'm 99% sure these can be retrofitted into a 2012-15 ms the labor and parts will be an extra $1k or $500 and I take your proper working/complete seats cosmetic condition doesn't matter.

@alhern GLWS!

For those needing to better understand the differences between these seats take a look at my evolution video for Tesla Seats below. OP has taken out his Tesla Premium (Gen 4) seats and put in Next Gen (Gen 3) seats. Its also my understanding that the Gen 4 seats can be retrofitted at cost of installation, Tesla will charge you ~$5,000 for 2 new seats plus installation so this would be a great deal for those looking to refresh their Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 seats!

@alhern GLWS!

For those needing to better understand the differences between these seats take a look at my evolution video for Tesla Seats below. OP has taken out his Tesla Premium (Gen 4) seats and put in Next Gen (Gen 3) seats. Its also my understanding that the Gen 4 seats can be retrofitted at cost of installation, Tesla will charge you ~$5,000 for 2 new seats plus installation so this would be a great deal for those looking to refresh their Gen1, Gen2, or Gen3 seats!

The fit and comfort of each seat is definitely YMMV. I really wanted to swap out my Gen 2 seats for either Gen 3 or Gen 4, but after racking up a decent amount of miles on each (from service loaners) I'm really happy to stay with Gen 2 (and I'm on the smaller side). Others will claim Gen 3 are the best, and others will claim Gen 4 are the best (I don't think anyone would claim Gen 1 is the best though). For anyone considering swapping out your seats, definitely get some time in them first to make sure they are comfortable for your body style. And if you do decide Gen 4 is best for you, it looks like OP has a very clean set!

Reactions: BLKTSLA