Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90D 233miles on full charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to purchase a 2016 P90D Model S, but the owner is posting that the battery on a full charge is 233 miles range. I explained this to the seller and he said that Tesla told him the original range was 250. I know a 90klw pack does about 270-80 when new. Did some 90klw packs just do 250 as owner is stating? Should I be concerned about the range on this Model S P90D?

the 90's were known for significant degradation, especially the early builds. In fact, many of the 2016's 90s have had their battery replaced. Sounds like this is the original battery. The 90 was basically the same as a 85 when purchased and after a bit had more degradation than the 85's, making a used 85 vs 90 favor the 85 for capacity

the 90's were known for significant degradation, especially the early builds. In fact, many of the 2016's 90s have had their battery replaced. Sounds like this is the original battery. The 90 was basically the same as a 85 when purchased and after a bit had more degradation than the 85's, making a used 85 vs 90 favor the 85 for capacity
Thank you for your response. The car is in Texas, mcu2 replaced, free supercharging, red, ludicrous+, $42k.

I'm looking to purchase a 2016 P90D Model S, but the owner is posting that the battery on a full charge is 233 miles range. I explained this to the seller and he said that Tesla told him the original range was 250. I know a 90klw pack does about 270-80 when new. Did some 90klw packs just do 250 as owner is stating? Should I be concerned about the range on this Model S P90D?

If it helps, my 2015 P85D gets 244 miles at 98% charge. It's got 16k miles on the clock if that matters.

While the capacity can favor the 85 packs over the 90 packs the Supercharging speeds favor the 90 packs over the 85 as far as I recall.

233 miles on a P90D does sound about right (although on the lower end of normal), If you plan on traveling I would ask what's the max SuC rate the person as seen and how long it stays in that range. This is my 90 pack for example:
1685323492780.png

While the capacity can favor the 85 packs over the 90 packs the Supercharging speeds favor the 90 packs over the 85 as far as I recall.

233 miles on a P90D does sound about right (although on the lower end of normal), If you plan on traveling I would ask what's the max SuC rate the person as seen and how long it stays in that range. This is my 90 pack for example:
View attachment 942107
Thank you much and to everyone else that responded to my question. I decided not to pursue this purchase, even though, the features included were quite tempting. I'm not comfortable with the max range, and just couldn't get past the color red. Oh well, the hunt for my future Mode S continues. I hear the used car market is suppose to improve significantly this June, perhaps I can get a much better deal.

Battery capacity is measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh), a unit of energy. I've never heard of anyone talk about "klw" before and I've been driving pure EVs as my primary car for nearly 10 years now.

Unless you're dead set on the S (and ones that old for some reason), if you really want a Tesla, I would much rather buy a new Model 3 for the kind of $ you're talking about. It will be under warranty with the clock starting at 0.

There are also other numerous new BEVs in that price range. PlugStar and selecting Electric under type at New Cars for Sale - Pricing and Deals | Edmunds are places that could help.

Last edited: