Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90D insane AP1 - $99,999

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am relocating to Virginia for work. Unfortunately VA has horrid property taxes on vehicles, and it's time for my dream car to find a new home so that I may lower my costs.

The car:
2016 Pre-facelift Model S P90D Insane
Current Mileage is 16xxx
Grey metallic
Autopilot 1
Tan Nextgen seats
All glass panoramic roof
VIN 137xxx
21” Silver Turbine wheels
Carbon fiber spoiler
Center console with cupholders
Power liftgate
Premium Interior and lighting
Free unlimited supercharging
Extra 21" Rim and tire (purchased just in case)
Red Calipers

Full disclosure: This car is flawless except for a small mark on the rear bumper (in white circle in pictures).
Some rim rash on one wheel, and slight chip on another. No accidents.

Dropbox pictures: Dropbox - ModelS

Priced in reference to Ebay, NADA, KBB, Edmunds. If you found a fully loaded ludicrous with 16k miles on it for 85k then I'd jump in it too. Congrats on your purchase

I think that the only source you list that has any value is Ebay and then, of course, only for completed auctions that show the price paid (vs. Best Offer, which I don't think disclose actual price paid). The others are notoriously unreliable on ICE cars and I suspect equally unreliable on EV.

Note that the same car in black/black (ludicrous and same options without the extra wheel) with 12,500 miles advertised for 92 and went for 87 out of Kansas City back in November. So I suspect the guy saying 80 is low but going for 100 will be a real stretch.

Good luck.

I think that the only source you list that has any value is Ebay and then, of course, only for completed auctions that show the price paid (vs. Best Offer, which I don't think disclose actual price paid). The others are notoriously unreliable on ICE cars and I suspect equally unreliable on EV.

Note that the same car in black/black (ludicrous and same options without the extra wheel) with 12,500 miles advertised for 92 and went for 87 out of Kansas City back in November. So I suspect the guy saying 80 is low but going for 100 will be a real stretch.

Good luck.

Deaddog- Thank you for actual constructive feedback. Always appreciated. Unfortunately even with Ebay, many use it for advertising and sell it offline, therefore there isn't usually a completed listing with a price. I also don't have access currently to the blackbook or auction listings, so it's what I have to go on.

That said, the only thing that matters is what someone will pay, not what I'm asking. Everything is negotiable...

Deaddog- Thank you for actual constructive feedback. Always appreciated. Unfortunately even with Ebay, many use it for advertising and sell it offline, therefore there isn't usually a completed listing with a price. I also don't have access currently to the blackbook or auction listings, so it's what I have to go on.

That said, the only thing that matters is what someone will pay, not what I'm asking. Everything is negotiable...
Ebay is where I found the private seller for 85K

I believe the VA tax is on the sale of a vehicle, a change in title. Moving to VA and registering the vehicle should not trigger the tax.
Appreciate that, but I believe it actually does trigger because of the taxation differences between states on leased vehicles.

More importantly, the property tax on vehicles in and around Fairfax county is 4.5% per year. Yes, you did read that right, it's ridiculous.