Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P90D or 2017 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics won’t do justice. I just don’t want to buy a 2016 P and regret it. I didn’t know some 2016 had AP2. I don’t know if there are certain 2016 versions hat are preferable to others? I.e. buy these manufacture numbers or vins and don’t buy ones before

Pics won’t do justice. I just don’t want to buy a 2016 P and regret it. I didn’t know some 2016 had AP2. I don’t know if there are certain 2016 versions hat are preferable to others? I.e. buy these manufacture numbers or vins and don’t buy ones before

I think starting since first week October 2016 all Tesla’s manufactured were AP2.

If so, any 2016 AP2 car is going to be about the same in terms of quality, uncorkability.

AP2 was an option and not owners purchased it. So you’re saying a 2016 Performance with AP2 will have the same build quality and falcon door smoothness as a 2017 Model?

AP2 hardware is in the car regardless of activated or not. That provides a path to AP3.

As far as FWD smoothness I have no idea if all 2017 is the same as a 2016 or if some VIN range in 2017 becomes significantly better.

I’m pretty particular and I’m good with my FWD performance.

P90D might have cool stuff that you can’t even get anymore like vent seats or adaptive spoilers.

There's a thread somewhere around here documenting the various evolutionary changes to the Model X since launch and it was pretty extensive and still running into 2018. Personally I would take an uncorked 2017 X75D over a 2016 P90D, especially if it's a mid-late 2017 car. There are literally dozens of design tweaks on the later cars, mostly fault fixes! Panel fits are also generally improved with newer cars, but still not perfect. That would be a bit of a lottery on both cars to be honest, but I'd expect the 2017 car to have better build quality overall.

How do you tell? Side marker has the black part?

Would this is better than the 2016 P90D?
Model X / 2017 / Midnight Silver - d5db5 | Only Used Tesla

The in service date was early 2016, no ap2 then.

I don’t know why you would consider 2016, the later cars are built with much better quality. The door latches on the earlier cars sound downright scary, the fwd were a mess. Buy an inventory p car or at least a demo if you want the p

I thought the Performance models were so much faster. Better options also outside of the glitchy doors. Second row seats were better than the bench, which is cheaper. Better real leather than artificial leather. I dont know if I would honestly care about AP2 since I wouldnt trust self driving anyways.

The inventory list is only showing one car. Can you change location to show nationwide?
Inventory Search | Tesla

All AP2 Model S/X can be uncorked. I had one of the first ones. Has to be 75D or 60D upgraded to 75D.

I have heard of some AP1 MX uncorked but not sure if that is universal?
My previous AP1 60D was uncorked after paying for the battery upgrade to 75D.

AP2 hardware is in the car regardless of activated or not. That provides a path to AP3.

As far as FWD smoothness I have no idea if all 2017 is the same as a 2016 or if some VIN range in 2017 becomes significantly better.

I’m pretty particular and I’m good with my FWD performance.

P90D might have cool stuff that you can’t even get anymore like vent seats or adaptive spoilers.
I have not found my 2018 X FWD to be any better than my 2016.

I think the 2016 had lifetime supercharging for the life of the vehicle and transfers to a new owner. Sometime in 2017, they changed to the life the original owner has the car. If you do a lot of trips that may be a consideration--also selling point for older MX. 33K is really not a lot of miles--what about tires? Original set? Regardless check out the status of supercharging to the new owner.