Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 premium upgrade package question (already did search)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Im looking at CPOs and a little confused about what is included in the "premium upgrade package" in a Tesla model S built in mid-to late 2016?

In the description of the car I'm looking at (built 09/2016), it says "HEPA filter....smart air suspension...." and thats it. On Ev-cpo it has the "premium upgrade package" checked off however.

Whats funny is other cars built around same time will say "power lift gate...High fidelity sound..." and not filter or smart air suspension. Did they not all come as a package?

I know its different now as all these come standard but anyone remember what a 2016 models PUP comes with?

I ask because I found two similar color and interior MS75 (both AP1 enabled). One $60K and other $54K ( I can def afford 60K but also don't like spending extra for little return) 60K one has 14k miles, SAS, HEPA filter, Pano roof and is FLAWLESS (and ev-cpo has the "PUP" checked off on it). 54K one has body color roof and no upgrades. Only curb rash on 2 of 4 wheels and a small scratch on front bumper.

Smart air, high fidelity sound, ect are all seperate from the premium upgrade. It has changed a few times so I don’t want to give you incorrect info.

Here’s a link that shows changes over the years and what PUP includes.

Hope it helps and I am sure others will chime in with more detailed info.

Model S - Options by Year - Tesla Motors Club Wiki

April Exterior On April 12, 2016 Tesla Motors quietly announced major changes to the Model S known as the 2016 Refresh Model S. The Model S Refresh is expected to begin shipping in May of 2016 with a few showroom demonstrators appearing in late April of 2016. The exterior changes announced are as follows:
  • The front end of the 2016 Refresh Model S has a new front end which has design queues which are similar the front end of the Tesla Model X. The prior Model S Ovoid nosecone was dropped.
  • The front radar sensor was moved up from the previous lower position to a hidden area near and behind the Tesla T front logo.
  • The standard headlights were modified to be LED headlights.
  • The choice of the Premium Upgrades Packages upgrades the standard LED headlights to be active three position turning headlights which automatically adjust the beam of the headlights to improve night time driving visibility. These headlights have electronic sensors which measure driving speed, steering angle and yaw to determine the optimum position of the headlights.
  • The fog lights are LED
  • The side sill plates are now the same color paint as the car body. Prior to this they were in black trim material.
  • The rear diffuser was changed to be black and may no longer have the chrome trim that came with the choice of the Premium Interior Option.
  • The interior of the Frunk and the plastic surrounds of the Frunk have been redesigned.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Mid-late 2016 PUP was alcantara dash, ambient interior lighting, bioweapon defense mode, leather interior accents (when ordered with leather seats) and power liftgate. Maybe one or two other minor things that I'm not remembering.

Air suspension, cold weather package, audio upgrade, etc. were all separate options.

• Informative
Reactions: guicane and MC408
Mid-late 2016 PUP was alcantara dash, ambient interior lighting, bioweapon defense mode, leather interior accents (when ordered with leather seats) and power liftgate. Maybe one or two other minor things that I'm not remembering.

Air suspension, cold weather package, audio upgrade, etc. were all separate options.
Thanks!