Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately I have to sell my Model S 60.
It has to be a lease-takeover
We put $11,202.44 down and are looking to retrieve that back.

Car was delivered December 15, 2016 so it has AP2.

It has 15k miles/year

Battery upgradable to 75 battery
Pearl white paint
Pano roof
21" grey turbine wheels
Black leather seats
Premium upgrade package
FREE SUPERCHARGING
Also has the carpool sticker

There are 4,000 miles on it. This is the saddest day :(

We are located in San Diego, CA.
IMG_0713.JPG

Unfortunately I have to sell my Model S 60.
It has to be a lease-takeover
We put $11,202.44 down and are looking to retrieve that back.

So you drove the car for 4 months, racked up 4000 miles and you want:

1) to get what you put down back
2) take over your lease

While you keep the $2,500 Clean Air rebate and and the $7,500 tax credit when you do your taxes?

maybe what you meant to say was that you'll pay someone $15,000-20,000 to cover the depreciation costs, and incentive credits in exchange for taking over your current lease?

Do you also want the $22 back for the HOV sticker or are you gonna just toss that in as a bonus?

Last edited:
So you drove the car for 4 months, racked up 4000 miles and you want:

1) to get what you put down back
2) take over your lease

While you keep the $2,500 Clean Air rebate and and the $7,500 tax credit when you do your taxes?

maybe what you meant to say was that you'll pay someone $15,000-20,000 to cover the depreciation costs, and incentive credits in exchange for taking over your current lease?

Do you also want the $22 back for the HOV sticker or are you gonna just toss that in as a bonus?
OP mentioned this would be a lease-takeover. You don't get the $7500 tax credit on a lease. And technically, you have to give back a portion of the $2500 Clean Air rebate according to the formula (30 minus number of months owned, divided by 30, times $2500) if you sell the car before 30 months have passed (although I don't think CARB is actually checking).