Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

2016 s85d speaker wires (pre-facelift)

2016 s85d pre-facelift version with standard audio. can someone tell me which wires or where to tap into the left front and right front speakers. I searched all over and each has different answers to the color of the wires. I attached pictures of the left and right front.

IMG_8906.jpg
IMG_8907.jpg

In general, the wiring harnesses changed several times throughout production, though I don't know if the wires to the front door speakers ever did. I think I have information that applies to your early 2016 build:

• The positive wire to the left (driver's side) front door speaker is white; the negative is white with a black stripe.
  • The right speaker positive is gray, negative is gray with a black stripe.

If this doesn't match up to your car or you need more information, you may have to pony up the $100 for 1 day access to the wiring diagrams and connector reference database on service.teslamotors.com. It's now open to everyone (in the U.S. at least).

In general, the wiring harnesses changed several times throughout production, though I don't know if the wires to the front door speakers ever did. I think I have information that applies to your early 2016 build:

• The positive wire to the left (driver's side) front door speaker is white; the negative is white with a black stripe.
  • The right speaker positive is gray, negative is gray with a black stripe.

If this doesn't match up to your car or you need more information, you may have to pony up the $100 for 1 day access to the wiring diagrams and connector reference database on service.teslamotors.com. It's now open to everyone (in the U.S. at least).

Accessible for 1 day but are those information downloadable for future reference do you know?

Accessible for 1 day but are those information downloadable for future reference do you know?

Generally, yes. The electrical schematics and service bulletins are PDFs. The connector reference and repair procedures are HTML, but there's a print button on the service procedures so you could "print" to PDF. I can't remember if the connector reference has that feature or not.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC