TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2016 Sales: Model S vs other Large Luxury Sedans

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by RobStark, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Cue the trite "Model S is not a Large Luxury car" tripe from the ICE lemmings.

Ready... go!

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  3. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

I was thinking BMW must be pretty happy until I got down to the 6 series.........did the 7 series get a refresh at all?

The old phrase, "The footsteps are getting louder!" comes to mind. :p

4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

The 6 series is a bit long in the tooth ... :cool:

5. RobStark

More than a refresh, an all new 7 Series.

6. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

Cue the trite "Model S is not a Large Luxury car" tripe from Tesla!

After all they always tried to convey that the Model S is simply a "premium electric sedan". ;)

Over here in Germany it was never seen as anything else but a large luxury car by the way. I remember when I stressed that here on the forum several times there was usually a backlash from fanboys reminding me that the Model S is "not a luxury car". How things can change... :p

• Like x 1
  7. RobStark

Nothing has changed.

Tesla has not insisted its not a luxury car that is some owners/fans.

Those that insist Tesla is not a luxury car but a "premium high performance economy car" still do.

I think that is silly and always have.

When you have the best you don't need to bang people over the head with the word "luxury" ad infinitum.

If you charge a luxury level price consumers will compare and contrast with luxury cars in its price class.

Doesn't mean Tesla should ditch its minimalist interiors for Parisian Cathouse Interiors.

[​IMG]

Tesla has a different concept of luxury. Luxuriously quiet without isolation, fueling overnight at home while you sleep, OTA updates without having to schedule a visit to a dealer etc.

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Total Smeghead

No denying any of that at all. My comment was intended to be humorous, as I found the post by jimmyjohn ironic itself.
    Then again, we Germans are well known around the world for not having a great sense of humour ;)