Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Sales: Model S vs other Large Luxury Sedans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Tesla Model S #1 In Sales In Large Luxury Segment In U.S. In 2015 And 2016
luxury-large-sedans-385x800.png

Cue the trite "Model S is not a Large Luxury car" tripe from the ICE lemmings.

Ready... go!

Cue the trite "Model S is not a Large Luxury car" tripe from Tesla!

After all they always tried to convey that the Model S is simply a "premium electric sedan". ;)

Over here in Germany it was never seen as anything else but a large luxury car by the way. I remember when I stressed that here on the forum several times there was usually a backlash from fanboys reminding me that the Model S is "not a luxury car". How things can change... :p

Reactions: diesel
Cue the trite "Model S is not a Large Luxury car" tripe from Tesla!

After all they always tried to convey that the Model S is simply a "premium electric sedan". ;)

Over here in Germany it was never seen as anything else but a large luxury car by the way. I remember when I stressed that here on the forum several times there was usually a backlash from fanboys reminding me that the Model S is "not a luxury car". How things can change... :p

Nothing has changed.

Tesla has not insisted its not a luxury car that is some owners/fans.

Those that insist Tesla is not a luxury car but a "premium high performance economy car" still do.

I think that is silly and always have.

When you have the best you don't need to bang people over the head with the word "luxury" ad infinitum.

If you charge a luxury level price consumers will compare and contrast with luxury cars in its price class.

Doesn't mean Tesla should ditch its minimalist interiors for Parisian Cathouse Interiors.

maxresdefault.jpg

Tesla has a different concept of luxury. Luxuriously quiet without isolation, fueling overnight at home while you sleep, OTA updates without having to schedule a visit to a dealer etc.