Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 SC for NA page was updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Pennsylvania crowd won't be happy either. Lots of people up north want that route from new england to Chicago to not have to route around a big gap in Pennsylvania.

Damn straight. Tesla's efforts to market in PA have been half-assed at best. The lack of Superchargers in the state are a major reason why sales aren't happening here like the SHOULD be. We'd love to get a second Tesla but, frankly, it's a deal breaker if these locations aren't built. Harrisburg and Erie in particular were "coming soon" when I first ordered in 2013.

Someone in another thread noticed Bend Oregon got deleted. I know it’s not the I-20 or Pennsylvania situation, but that is still going to be a pretty big hole for a long time in Eastern Oregon. That area connects Boise to Bend or down to I-80 to get to the SF bay area.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
I don't know how much I can trust the old 2016 map now after they put this one out to the public like that. If I had to put money down on the table I would say the newer map is more in line what will happen this year.... if it even gets that much done.

Much better since the older version of the 2016 map returned.
Maybe if they start filling in the SouthEast "desert" a bit with I-40 and I-55, the rest will also fall in line.
It looks really naked I-10 to I-70 // I-35 to I-75 (with the exception of Nashville).

I suspect after March 31/April 1 and the number of deposits for Model 3 reservations give them a bit of (operating) cash infusion to get back on track with Supercharger development.

Hope this current slow spell is just the lull before the next flurry of Supercharger build-out and infill.

Reactions: bollar
I'm just hoping I-94 through ND and MN don't get delayed anymore. I've been waiting [im]patiently for them, since 2 years ago they were on the 2015 map. I'm hoping they don't slide to a 2017 map. It's helped make the wait for the ≡ easier, otherwise I'd probably have chased down an S by now. Since that road is 90% of my hwy driving, my wife makes a good point that the car doesn't make much sense until we can drive that.

Ugh.

I keep looking at the SC maps in the hope that Tesla gets serious about fixing the current mess. But no, they're planning more SCs in Southern California. And in the places where they are NOT needed (Santa Ana, really?). Meanwhile major routes even within California itself are underserved - it's still hard to avoid Harris Ranch, Mount Shasta has just 4 stalls and is now routinely congested, Eureka and Crescent City are nowhere to be found, etc.

Europe is a similar story. Germany is carpet-bombed with supercharges, but there's almost nothing in Spain and Italy. With zero SCs on the horizon for Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey - the most popular vacation destinations in Europe.

Are you looking at the 2016 coming soon map? I can't get to it on my phone, but I can try to post it later.
Also found this map, but not here either:
supercharge.info

If you could send me a link when you have a moment, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in the process of planning the leg of a trip that will take me between the SC in Cranberry, PA (closest to Pittsburgh International Race Complex) and the SC in West Springfield, MA (closest to Palmer Motorsports Park). The best way to accomplish the trip using SC stations looks like heading north to Buffalo and east on I-90 which is loaded with SC stations. If I'm missing an SC on along I-80, I might be able to save myself some miles.

Thanks.