Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 SC for NA page was updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they removed a few from the hopeful 2016 list that I noticed right off the bat, The I20 from Dallas to Atlanta line seems to be cut now and I-77s from Cleveland to Wytheville charger seems to be reworked/missing the northern 77/70 split at the Cambridge area is not gone.

Any other spots jump off the page at anyone?
Superchargers.JPG

It looked mostly from southern Texas sweeping up the eastern side of the country and finally stopping the Maine expansion.

I would like to know if its states/cities not giving Tesla the permits to do so or Tesla just wanting to focus on getting as many cross country routes open as they can in 2016 and doing filler work in 2017 before the M3 comes off the lines.

Nice work, @BrianC. Disappointing that they're backing down on some of this - it's been more and more clear that the buildout has been slowing, but I don't think I expected quite so much. I wonder if they're trying to do a more cogent analysis of usage patterns to see where they're actually needed, or if they've just decided it's not as valuable as they thought from a marketing perspective.

Either way, Tesla owners - get out there and do road trips. Bump the usage numbers. Let's show Tesla how important this is.

Last edited:
I had intended to wait until end of March 2016 before I started writing additional letters to Tesla Motors and posts about the delay of I-20.
And then I come across this new map which is counter to every former map projections I have seen

I have had several round of correspondence with Supercharger Team at Tesla Motors.
Following is their response of October 19, 2015.

"Thank you for your email and feedback. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write us, especially since you have spent a significant amount of time utilizing the Supercharger Network.

We are fully aware of the expansion needed in the Southeast, as well as many other areas of the country, and we are absolutely committed to establishing a network that fully covers all major interstates and freeways. There are, however, a variety of factors that can influence the timing of new stations including budget, permitting, weather, and construction. Our Regional Project Developer, assigned primarily to the Southeast region, has been scouting for several sites along I-20 and is actively planning for significant progress in the coming year. We have already identified options in the Lindale, TX, Shreveport, LA, and Jackson, MS areas, in addition to many other cities.

We appreciate your patience and support as we continue to develop the Supercharger Network. If you happen to come across any properties that you feel would be a good fit for a station, please feel free to submit the information directly to our Developer Team here."

I do not have warm and fuzzy feelings about the new "map" at all.

Really hate to call Tesla Motor out on this, but the former maps, ALL the former maps clearly showed I-20 being completed by end of 2015.
Somehow for them to just forget about the I-20 route and to have deleted it from the Map.
Swell. Just swell.

Both the I-20 "drop" and South Texas "drops" are IMHO absurd.
Other "drops" in the SouthEast, added absurdity.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
And I have driven from DFW over to Savannah in Nov. 2013, using RV parks and other charging methods.
Without Superchargers, that leg of the trip took over 4 days.

..."We have already identified options in the Lindale, TX, Shreveport, LA, and Jackson, MS areas..."

"...assigned primarily to the Southeast region, has been scouting for several sites along I-20 and is actively planning for significant progress in the coming year..."

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
Would somebody PLEASE help me understand how deleting the I-20 route is fulfilling the above statements?
I am not expecting Tesla Motors to continue to build at the rate of 100 Superchargers every 90 days, but somebody has really dropped the ball big time.

[/FONT]

I had intended to wait until end of March 2016 before I started writing additional letters to Tesla Motors and posts about the delay of I-20.
And then I come across this new map which is counter to every former map projections I have seen
I figured it wouldn't be long before you found this thread.

It seems apparent that Tesla is hellbent on enabling coast-to-coast travel and (the currently closed between TX & LA) I-10 is "good enough" for the South.