Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Signature Model X P90DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

traxila

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2012
NYC
Hi guys,

This is an exploratory post as we are in the process of arranging for delivery of a brand new model Y and have listed our Signature X as a trade in.

Based on the offer Tesla made, we would need a bid of at least 66K to make it worth our while to flip it privately.

Some quick facts:

Less than 19K in mileage.

MINT in every way, never touched by another car.

Was clear wrapped upon delivery. This can obviously be peeled to reveal pristine paint job.

Seven seats.

Ludicrous.

AP1.

If anyone is interested I can provide as many details and pics as desired.

The real question is if anyone is willing to pay 66K for it.

I appreciate any feedback,

Attachments

• IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2382.jpg
    IMG_2382.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 78
What did Tesla offer you? If they offer 66k take it and run.

They offered less than 66K. I have tacked on a number that I believe is fair based on additional sales tax that I would save from the trade in and the added hassle on my part of closing a private sale.

If no one is interested at this price level, then yes, I will take the offer they made.

FWIW, it is a brilliant car with sick acceleration. Much fun to drive. And of course, the Signature Red color, if people are into that. Only way to get it is with a Sig.

They offered less than 66K. I have tacked on a number that I believe is fair based on additional sales tax that I would save from the trade in and the added hassle on my part of closing a private sale.

If no one is interested at this price level, then yes, I will take the offer they made.

FWIW, it is a brilliant car with sick acceleration. Much fun to drive. And of course, the Signature Red color, if people are into that. Only way to get it is with a Sig.
So ~$60K+ tax is Tesla offer? Take it and run.
Not trying to be a dick, just being realistic.

Tesla will generally offer the best price for their own cars on the knowledge that it nets them a new sale in exchange.

So ~$60K+ tax is Tesla offer? Take it and run.
Not trying to be a dick, just being realistic.

Tesla will generally offer the best price for their own cars on the knowledge that it nets them a new sale in exchange.

Yes this is the most probable outcome. But I figured I would put it out there for anyone interested.

Thanks!

2016 Model X | Tesla

it has way more miles, but it actually has a warranty on it for 2 years, 37k

Is OP still able to buy extended warranty for this? Could make the case for someone on the fence. Tesla will likely put it up on website for 3-5K over acquisition price to move it quick which is close to what extended warranty would cost.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
Is OP still able to buy extended warranty for this? Could make the case for someone on the fence. Tesla will likely put it up on website for 3-5K over acquisition price to move it quick which is close to what extended warranty would cost.

OP has extended warranty. Should have mentioned that sorry.

Just got it so yes! Under warranty for 3.5 years longer.

Tan interior.

Reactions: ElectricIAC