Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Tesla Model X 60D (Sept)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7 months of holding on to a depreciating asset and still holding out for acceptable offers.
Gotta love individual sellers

Notice I put it for sale after AP2. It hasn't reached parity yet. So why would I be in a rush and accept anything close to trade in value + sales tax benefit (which would be way less hassle)?

Thank you so much for your thoughts. You must work in the business field. Have you written any books I could check out?

Hate to see anyone lose money for no reason so I don't see why you don't just keep and enjoy the vehicle until your depreciation curve levels out a bit. Your car is

1.) Getting older
2.) Gaining more miles
3.) Losing ground to AP2.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Notice I put it for sale after AP2. It hasn't reached parity yet. So why would I be in a rush and accept anything close to trade in value + sales tax benefit (which would be way less hassle)?

Thank you so much for your thoughts. You must work in the business field. Have you written any books I could check out?

Maybe I missed it but 7 months ago you said you would get back with the trade in value. But I didnt see it posted anywhere.

With sales tax benefit it was around $80K

I have not received an updated offer
The first 3 years you're looking at $1,000+ per month average of depreciation, higher at first, lower at the end. Check with Tesla again if you want to know for sure how much your trade-in value has dropped. The one thing you got going for you is there aren't many X60D's our there for sale yet, but the longer you wait it will change. If you're holding out for >$80K, consider this similarly equipped but larger battery X90D for $82K : 2016 Tesla Model X For Sale ($81,980)

• Informative
Reactions: rjcbox
The first 3 years you're looking at $1,000+ per month average of depreciation, higher at first, lower at the end. Check with Tesla again if you want to know for sure how much your trade-in value has dropped. The one thing you got going for you is there aren't many X60D's our there for sale yet, but the longer you wait it will change. If you're holding out for >$80K, consider this similarly equipped but larger battery X90D for $82K : 2016 Tesla Model X For Sale ($81,980)

Definitely good deal, but already sale pending. Over triple the miles as well.

• Funny
Reactions: gaswalla
Triple miles doesn't really mean much when you're talking <3k miles. If your car had 30k miles on it and the other one had triple that, that would be a different story...
Good point that was a 90, big performance upgrade all around. Should be a big price difference too. Just saw a new inventory X75 yesterday for $82,500, so only $75k with tax credit. Hard to buy a used 60 without a significant savings.