Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Tesla X - 10,000 miles - Tesla approved.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Appreciate some advice from more experienced Tesla X owners.
I am looking at a 2016 approved Tesla X 75D - seems to have all the upgrades; 6 seats, enhanced autopilot, technology package, sub-zero, premium upgrades, smart air suspension, light headliner, 20 inch wheels, white. 10,000 miles, £58,775.
Please can I get some candid advice on if this is a steal or a bit daft?
Thanks for reading
Richard

I don't see any on the tesla website used inventory so 'tesla approved' might not mean much.
Plenty of X on autotrader (for instance) depending on how badly you need 6 seats and how much mileage matters since motors and battery are warranted 8yrs. Indeed, one might wonder why a 5 year old car has only done 10K. Price-wise, I suppose it's in the ballpark due to low mileage and shortage of new X's.
Then it comes down to whether the 75 range matters to you or not since the supercharger network is rolling out - depending on where you might wish to drive into a charger desert. You may have to add the cost of the CCS upgrade and the cost of your own charger to the bill

I don't see any on the tesla website used inventory so 'tesla approved' might not mean much.
Plenty of X on autotrader (for instance) depending on how badly you need 6 seats and how much mileage matters since motors and battery are warranted 8yrs. Indeed, one might wonder why a 5 year old car has only done 10K. Price-wise, I suppose it's in the ballpark due to low mileage and shortage of new X's.
Then it comes down to whether the 75 range matters to you or not since the supercharger network is rolling out - depending on where you might wish to drive into a charger desert. You may have to add the cost of the CCS upgrade and the cost of your own charger to the bill
Hello, Thank you for your message - very useful. The Tesla X is on the Tesla inventory or at least was. Can you briefly explain why and what the CCS upgrade is? Thanks again for replying.

Your X will have a standard Tesla charge port unless upgraded. Tesla started rolling out their chargers with dual charge systems - proprietary and the euro standard CCS when that became popular but now all their new chargers and cars are CCS so unless the car is upgraded you have fewer new chargers available to you. The upgrade is circa £250. Prior to that availability, many of us bought a chademo adapter to access one of the earlier standards if out of range of a Tesla charger but many of the chademo chargers are poorly maintained.

Reactions: Rjonus
There are a couple of buyers guides available which might help. I normally head to Tesla-info for advice. The main things to note are:

the range is nothing like the official range, especially on the early cars as it was tested under the older rating system which was very optimistic.

it will have the earlier MCU/big screen which limits certain features such as sentry mode, and autopilot visuals. It can be upgraded for about £2k

the autopilot hardware will also be one of the earlier incarnations. It will get updated if you update the MCU or buy FSD.

depending which version, the second row of seats don’t fold which you may want.

There are a couple of buyers guides available which might help. I normally head to Tesla-info for advice. The main things to note are:

the range is nothing like the official range, especially on the early cars as it was tested under the older rating system which was very optimistic.

it will have the earlier MCU/big screen which limits certain features such as sentry mode, and autopilot visuals. It can be upgraded for about £2k

the autopilot hardware will also be one of the earlier incarnations. It will get updated if you update the MCU or buy FSD.

depending which version, the second row of seats don’t fold which you may want.
Thank you so - much - all really helpful.