Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Tesla X 90D for Sale. 8k miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

walla2

Jul 15, 2012
2016 Tesla Model X 90D with just over 8,180 miles. Basically mint outside and minimal wear inside. Ventilated seating, captains chairs in the front and middle rows, tow package, winter package, automated spoiler, Autopilot with summon, and more.

This garaged, white six-seater includes unlimited free supercharging for the life of the vehicle. Range is still great (229-230 @ 90%), was only rarely charged to 100% keeping the battery healthy, and the brakes and tires have minimal wear with no rash. 4 year bumper to bumper warranty still in effect to protect your purchase as is the 8 year unlimited milage powertrain and battery warranty. Includes two keys and a mobile charger with 110 and J1772 adapters.

The front plate is not drilled in so it can easily be removed.

Own one of the greatest and safest cars ever built! No reserve on ebay. Will also take best offers here through PM.

20190704_102234.jpg
20190704_100741.jpg
20190704_100602.jpg

Reactions: Don TLR
I don't think you understand what no reserve really means.

Reserve on ebay means to offer something at a lower price e than I'm willing to sell it for. Example:

Listed for $59,900
Will relist unless I get $99,999

There are many examples of this where it is unclear how high bidding must go to get a real chance at owning.

Reserve on ebay means to offer something at a lower price e than I'm willing to sell it for. Example:

Listed for $59,900
Will relist unless I get $99,999

There are many examples of this where it is unclear how high bidding must go to get a real chance at owning.
Reserve means the lowest amount you are willing to sell an item for on every single auction site, including ebay. If you set the starting price at the lowest amount you are willing to sell for, you have therefor set a reserve.

Starting an auction at $0 with a reserve of $73k, is the exact same thing as starting an auction at $73k. I am honestly amazed that this actually has to be explained to you.

No reserve means you start at $0 and you accept whatever the high bid ends up being, which would almost certainly be less than $73k.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maaz
Reserve means the lowest amount you are willing to sell an item for on every single auction site, including ebay. If you set the starting price at the lowest amount you are willing to sell for, you have therefor set a reserve.

Starting an auction at $0 with a reserve of $73k, is the exact same thing as starting an auction at $73k. I am honestly amazed that this actually has to be explained to you.

Read this and troll elsewhere. If you can't read or have poor reading comprehension, have a third grader read it to you.

How reserve prices work

Here's an example of another X with a reserve. You have no idea what the reserve is until its bid beyond the reserve.

2017 Tesla Model X 75D | eBay

If you fail to understand, I really don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maaz
I get both sides here. It is technically misleading saying “no reserve” but having a high starting point.

At any actual in person car auction when you hear “no reserve” car starts at virtually nothing.

With that said he didn’t truly mislead anyone. The used car market is difficult specially for Tesla Model X’s so you have to use everything up your sleeve to move one of these.

Let the man live.

Read this and troll elsewhere. If you can't read or have poor reading comprehension, have a third grader read it to you.

How reserve prices work

Here's an example of another X with a reserve. You have no idea what the reserve is until its bid beyond the reserve.

2017 Tesla Model X 75D | eBay

If you fail to understand, I really don't care.
You are really not all the bright are you? Read your own link

"A reserve price is the minimum amount the seller is willing to sell for, so if the reserve price isn't met, the item won't be sold."

If your opening bid at the lowest value you are willing to sell the car for, you have set a reserve. In MOST situations you'd have no idea what the reserve is until you hit it, unless someone openly starts the auction at their reserve price. Then you know the opening bid hit the reserve.

Your reserve is your opening bid. This is an obvious fact to everyone who isn't oblivious.

Reactions: BarryL
Back on topic.
The world comes in many forms just like this auction and this amazing vehicle. You can own one today in this minimum bid auction. If you bid the minimum opening amount and comply with the auction terms, you get the car. There is no secret or disclosed $75,000 or $80,000 reserve price beyond the minimum opening bid which is set at $73,000. Some people will tell you it's a reserve. Some people will try to force the wrong idea about someone else's car sale for no reason. They will scream and shout at you and tell you to only see the world through their eyes or else. They will call you names and tell you repeatedly how dumb you are even though they are completely and utterly wrong. Just because they feel they are right they will try to make you believe in their narrow and dogmatic incorrect view.

I'm just trying to sell a beautiful car. See the closed / sold listings in ebay. The price is below the most recent sales for 2016 75D vehicles on ebay, and the miles are lower than most too. It is below the fair price on car gurus and below the KBB. I hope the car sells and that the new owner enjoys the result of this auction with an opening bid requirement but no reserve requirement. Some people will try to force you to say this simple and friendly posting about a car for sale is something else, something nefarious, but I never claimed this was an absolute auction. A minimum opening bid is set because I can get almost the same amount selling it to a dealer, having them mark it up, and they resell it to you for more.

Again, the minimum opening bid for this auction with no reserve is $73,000. You can learn more about auctions at any auction site or from an auction house but do not sign up for Mr. Brown's class on Auctions. Reusing toilet paper would be a better way not to waste money and time.

Glossary of Auction Terms – Furlo Auction Service LLC

Auction With Reserve

An auction in which the seller or his agent reserves the right to accept or decline any and all bids. A minimum acceptable price may or may not be disclosed and the seller reserves the right to accept or decline any bid within a specified time.

Absolute Auction

An auction where the property is sold to the highest qualified bidder with no limiting conditions or amount. The seller may not bid personally or through an agent. Also known as an auction without reserve.

Minimum Bid Auction

An auction in which the auctioneer will accept bids at or above a disclosed price. The minimum price is always stated in the brochure and advertisements and is announced at the auctions.

Minimum Opening Bid

The lowest acceptable amount at which the bidding must commence.

Reserve Price

What is a Reserve Price?
A reserve price, common to auctions, is the minimum amount that a seller will accept as the winning bid. Alternatively, it is less commonly known as the highest price a buyer is willing to pay for a good or service. The reserve price prevents a bidder who offers a price lower than what the owner will accept from winning the auction. The point at which the buyer and seller are no longer willing to negotiate is the walk away point. The auction's starting price tends to start lower than the reserve price to encourage bidding.

Understanding Reserve Price
Reserve prices are intended to protect the owner of an auctioned item from an unfavorable outcome. On sites like eBay, the reserve price is hidden, and until the reserve is met, the system will show "Reserve Not Met". Auction bidders dislike reserve prices because they reduce the possibility of winning the auction at a bargain price and because they create uncertainty as to the minimum price that must be paid to win the auction.

Example of a Reserve Price
For example, an Ohio auction house has scheduled an auction to liquidate the equipment from a bankrupt manufacturing firm. One item on auction is a stamping press used to shape sheets of steel into automotive body panels. The auction firm sets a reserve price of $250,000 based on the recommendation of the bankruptcy trustee but opens the bidding at $100,000. After several bidders bring the price to $175,000, a firm that once competed with the bankrupt parts maker bids $200,000 for the press. No one else offers a higher bid, and the auctioneer removes the press from the auction because the reserve price is unmet.

Reserve Prices and Starting Bids

When you post an auction listing, you can set a Starting Bid and/or a Reserve Price.

A Starting Bid is the least amount a bidder is allowed to bid in an auction, and is the price at which the bidding starts. If an auction has a Starting Bid and no Reserve Price, the high bidder on the item will win the item when the listing ends. Every auction has a Starting Bid, even if the Starting Bid is $.01.

A Reserve Price is the least amount you are willing to sell the item for. Bidders are not able to see your Reserve Price. A bidder can place a bid that is lower than the Reserve Price, but the item will not be sold until the bidding meets or exceeds the Reserve Price.

Reserve Price auctions are often unpopular with bidders because the Reserve Price is hidden, and they must bid until they meet or exceed this price. We recommend you set your Starting Bid to the least amount you will sell the item for, and let the bidding begin at that price. When priced fairly, the item will probably sell for a higher price than your Starting Bid.

What is a Reserve Auction or Minimum bid Auction

Stated Reserve:
Some auctions have a Reserve Price. A Reserve Price is a hidden minimum price that the seller is willing to accept for an item. In a Reserve Price auction, the seller is only obligated to sell the item once the bid amount meets or exceeds the Reserve Price. A seller can lower, but cannot raise, the Reserve Price. A screening for all sellers is completed prior to listing property, therefore there is a high motivation to sell. Most sellers have a high desire to sell, selling with reserve gives some security and the possibility of multiple offers is abundant.

Minimum Bid:

Similar to stated reserve, however the seller has agreed to sell the property at the minimum bid advertised or to the highest bid received in valid format after the auction has started. Minimum bids may be much lower than previously listed prices and show that the seller has a high motivation to sell.

Opening Bid:
This is not to be confused with any of the above. An opening bid is sometimes asked for by the Auctioneer. Many times you may see published “Opening Bid,” this is just a suggestion. A property may be valued at 100,000 dollars, however the opening bid suggested may be 10,000. This may be used as a starting point but in no way does it require the property to be sold at the opening bid amount. You may see language like “opening bid 10,000 subject to seller confirmation”

Last edited:
Most auctions there is a difference between reserve, opening bid and minimum bid....that isn't the case here. $73k is your reserve, opening bid and minimum bid all in one. Reserve and opening bid only apply when the auction starts at a price lower than what the item is worth. You have negated it all by starting the auction at the lowest amount you're willing to accept (ie your reserve).

You may want to purchase this book before replying again.
The Strategy behind Setting a Low Starting Bid for an eBay Auction - dummies

Your extremely weak reply remains centric on your false idea about a reserve. You are and always have been dead wrong. You posted a link to something completely off topic to the argument about the minimum opening bid, because you have no argument. In fact, what you posted says posting a high amount is a "good strategy" if it is a fair value.

As a rhetorical question because I never want to read another post from you on this subject:

Could I start the bidding at $73,000, AND have a reserve price of $77,000?

The answer is I sure as sh/t could. The reserve would be $77,000 then. I am tempted to add a reserve price of $73,001 to show you the difference but wasting $40 on you wouldn't be worth it because clearly even when you have abundant proof from literally 1000s of potential sources, you won't learn. You sir are the definition of a waste of time.

Please go away and put your head under a rock preferably something with some considerable heft. Post elsewhere. Anywhere else. Sorry, but the truth hurts and sorry that your limited world view is feeling butt hurt today.

The car's minimum opening, non-reserve price is $73,000.

Your extremely weak reply remains centric on your false idea about a reserve. You are and always have been dead wrong. You posted a link to something completely off topic to the argument about the minimum opening bid, because you have no argument. In fact, what you posted says posting a high amount is a "good strategy" if it is a fair value.

As a rhetorical question because I never want to read another post from you on this subject:

The answer is I sure as sh/t could. The reserve would be $77,000 then. I am tempted to add a reserve price of $73,001 to show you the difference but wasting $40 on you wouldn't be worth it because clearly even when you have abundant proof from literally 1000s of potential sources, you won't learn. You sir are the definition of a waste of time.

Please go away and put your head under a rock preferably something with some considerable heft. Post elsewhere. Anywhere else. Sorry, but the truth hurts and sorry that your limited world view is feeling butt hurt today.

I am not sure if you are dense or just plain stupid at this point. The point of a reserve is to set the minimum amount you're willing to accept on an auction, related to auctions that start low. $73k is the minimum you're willing to accept, therefore it's your reserve.

The point of starting an auction low is to get multiple bidders engaged early, so that they continue to bid against each other. Starting an auction at your reserve price then eliminates the possibility of building up a bidder list and limits your chance of a sale.

You, AWD, and PlanB could write a book on how best not to sell a car.

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: BarryL and walla2
Can you answer my question:

You seem to not be able to. You may disagree with my price and strategy but that doesn't make you literally the dumbest individual ever born. Your comments do that for you.

Last edited:
JamesBrown is now permanently ignored so post your stupidity in silence now. In over 8 years, you are the only person blocked from this site in my account. I only wish we could of done this argument in person so I could see what a sniveling, brainless dolt you are in person and enjoy that. Adieu. Bon voyage.