Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 wheels on 2018 model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the 5 spoke wheels that the 2016 model s. I have a 2018 model s and would like to swap out for 2016 wheels. When looking at refurbished oem wheels most say they won’t fit but there are a few that say they will fit on the 2018. Both wheels are 19”x8” with 40mm offset. Did something change in the 2018 model s that would make the 2016 wheels not fit?

Why wouldn’t they fit, they are all the same until now this year refresh one? Wider rims needs some additional hw on front axle as of suspension.
D72592AA-B0A7-43E2-A7C3-C8DD7114B89A.jpeg

Why wouldn’t they fit, they are all the same until now this year refresh one? Wider rims needs some additional hw on front axle as of suspension.
View attachment 693716

I have looked at the specs and yes they should fit. But if you look at most listings of oem wheels they will have the older style wheels as only fitting on 2012-2016. Cars that are 2017 and on they show that the older style wheels don’t fit on them.

They will fit. The years are the the years of being OEM. Considering that many early owners switched out these base model wheels, you could get them cheap if you look around private party listings.

They will fit. The years are the the years of being OEM. Considering that many early owners switched out these base model wheels, you could get them cheap if you look around private party listings.

I think you are correct that they are just showing the oem years. I just want to make sure they fit before ordering. You are also right about them being available at a low price, there are full sets of remanufactured wheels for $760.00.

I like a more open look on wheels and those older base model wheels are the only ones I see that are oem. To me they look much more sporty than the slipstream wheels that came on the car.

I do love my Cyclones. Don't see them around all that often.

View attachment 694059
Those are nice looking wheels. I am deciding between those or the open style of the original 10 spoke which I refer to as 5 spoke. Whichever wheels I decide on I will have them powder coated flat black, I like that color and have found they stay clean looking the longest because brake dust blends in with the flat black.