Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 X 75D - 170K miles - free SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC Community,

I have a 2016 X 6 seater with 170K miles with free SC. Battery degradation at 12% with free supercharging! I'm contemplating whether to keep or sell. I would sell without a second thought if it wasn't for the free supercharging. I've never had issues with the drive train or battery (knock on wood), replaced the 12V a few times. I'm leaning towards keeping it and just driving it as long as I can.

Would love to hear what options are available for my X in its current stage in life. Thanks all! :)

Hey TMC Community,

I have a 2016 X 6 seater with 170K miles with free SC. Battery degradation at 12% with free supercharging! I'm contemplating whether to keep or sell. I would sell without a second thought if it wasn't for the free supercharging. I've never had issues with the drive train or battery (knock on wood), replaced the 12V a few times. I'm leaning towards keeping it and just driving it as long as I can.

Would love to hear what options are available for my X in its current stage in life. Thanks all! :)
If you like it, why not keep it? Just make sure you have some cash to deal with repairs.

I think I might depend on what is replacing it if anything. It’s probably not goin to loose a lot of value in the next year. Tax credit eligibility will be very different in 12 months. How many miles a month are you driving and how much is the free SC saving you? I got an XCare warranty for my ‘16 and plan to drive it into the ground and hope I get my 5k warranty cost back.

What’s an X Care warranty and who sells it? I have a 2016 X I bought used from Tesla. My warranty runs out in April 2023. I am going to keep it forever (I really like it) and I did not think I had any warranty option.

To the original poster, the free supercharging is nice but should not be overvalue. I have it too but don’t use it that much. I do like the premium connectivity for life especially after upgrading my infotainment system.

I have 2017 MX 75D and will also be keeping it forever. Locally I don't charge at Superchargers since I charge at home but I like that it's free whenever I go on long road trips. I agree with the poster above me, the free premium connectivity for life is very valuable especially after we upgraded to MCU 2.

What’s an X Care warranty and who sells it? I have a 2016 X I bought used from Tesla. My warranty runs out in April 2023. I am going to keep it forever (I really like it) and I did not think I had any warranty option.

To the original poster, the free supercharging is nice but should not be overvalue. I have it too but don’t use it that much. I do like the premium connectivity for life especially after upgrading my infotainment system.

Read the fine print... the most important parts are NOT covered...

XCare Battery and Drive Unit Coverage
Coming Soon…

This will be available as an a-la-carte offering to all of our existing and future XCare members. We are incredibly excited to roll this out to the EV community, as this will give peace of mind to every EV owner who is worried about the cost of replacement for their HV Drive battery and/or Drive Motors.

Reactions: Erie Electric
If you need an insurance policy - extended warranty - to keep it, then you need to sell it while the used market is still relatively hot. A high mileage car will still sell. You’ll lose free supercharging, but you can get a new Telsa like the Y with not too much more out of pocket.
On the other hand, if you can afford a major repair (but obviously hope it doesn’t happen, and maybe it won’t), you should keep your current X as it fits you perfectly, and quite honestly, that X will likely last you forever

Read the fine print... the most important parts are NOT covered...

XCare Battery and Drive Unit Coverage
Coming Soon…

This will be available as an a-la-carte offering to all of our existing and future XCare members. We are incredibly excited to roll this out to the EV community, as this will give peace of mind to every EV owner who is worried about the cost of replacement for their HV Drive battery and/or Drive Motors.

I have.