Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 X90D inv for $945/month (3yr/10k/$6k down)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you are in Florida and you did a search on the Tesla website for cars in Hawaii. and you want a referral for that?o_O

Relax. I found my current (unlisted on tesla.com) inv car thanks to a similar thread on TMC and am simply returning the favor in case this is a match for someone on here. I gladly gave my referral to the person who started the thread that led me to my car because I felt like this was the right thing to do, but I respect that others/you may have a different perspective.

As for your other assumptions, they couldn't be more inaccurate:

- No, that car is not publicly listed in the tesla site or at least wasn't when I posted the link.
- No, there is/was no location mentioned, so I was not looking for an HI car to begin with. I was looking at cars with a large discount and "leasable" as the mechanics of a lease are such that this significantly decreases lease payments. Then someone pointed out on a different thread that the shipping fee for that particular car was an above average $5k, so playing with the shipping cost estimator, I figured out that the car was in HI and posted it here as it seemed more relevant since the shipping cost makes the deal a lot less appealing for buyers in other states.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than make assumptions and jump to conclusions but hey, that's just me.

Any idea why the lease on this one is so low compared with other Xs of comparable cash price?

It's due to the discount off MSRP.... residual is calculated off of MSRP but lease payments are based off of discounted sale price...so the residual is higher which brings payments down. That's why I was looking at heavily discounted cars to begin with.

In fact, once someone explained this to me on TMC back in Q3, I was the one who asked Hank @ ev-cop.com to add this column to his site as currently Tesla "exposes" the discount amounts in the template of each car listing on tesla.com.