Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was yours on that "Train Form Hell" that was hung up in the Mid-West for about 3 weeks? I buddy of mine here in CT had his S on that train... That was unfortunate....

- - - Updated - - -

Great News.... how were you informed that the car was in Transit? Both and email and status change in MyTesla or another way like your DS?

Informed via status change on the website. DS called yesterday to schedule delivery for Friday/Saturday. See below for updated numbers.

Zy--if I get my car before you do, which I seriously doubt--I will drive up to your location & buy you dinner.

Well, be careful @Spyder14, it's 9 hours one way))
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 10.35.51.png

Anyone else's 2016 order getting pushed back? My original delivery date was January. Then it switched to Late January/February. Then it switched to February/Early March and now it says Late February/March.

I'm about one phone call away from cancelling the order and requesting deposit refund.

Hear is what I think is happening folks. Tesla is about to announce a new body style looking similar to the Model X. This has to be the case because as the Model 3 is unvailed it will have a similar look of no nose cone and the Model will look out of place. Hold tight and you'll get the updated version by April. I intentionally postponed mine until April because I am convinced the model is about to change.

Hear is what I think is happening folks. Tesla is about to announce a new body style looking similar to the Model X. This has to be the case because as the Model 3 is unvailed it will have a similar look of no nose cone and the Model will look out of place. Hold tight and you'll get the updated version by April. I intentionally postponed mine until April because I am convinced the model is about to change.

Agree

With everything on Tesla's plate, including ramp up of MX and launch of M3 it's hard to understand why they would choose to introduce a new body style. Is there any factual basis for this prediction?

@edinct I agree with you. I honestly don't think they will release a new version of the model S. They are actually fulfilling international orders first so they can get them on ships. Production to actually delivery doesn't take as long as the production queue.

Not sure about the speculation regarding the Model 3 ... many design leaks show the nose cone going forward :cool:

attachment.php?attachmentid=109414.jpg